Federal Project Manager (Strategic IT Communications)
Who we are and why what we do matters:
At DCG Communications (DCG), we help clients reach their target audiences, build their brands, and enhance their reputations by hiring smart, innovative people and allowing them to use their skills and passions. Our work isn’t just creative, its meaningful. DCG supports several long-term contracts with federal agencies, including the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Coast Guard, and the Agency for Global Media. When you are part of the DCG team, you help shape important initiatives from ending Veteran homelessness and suicide to curbing human trafficking in the United States.
With ever-increasing opportunities for career and earnings growth, we encourage team members to take on new roles, learn new skills, and work on diverse projects. DCG teams thrive on ingenuity and value collaborative and independent work. If flexibility, work environment, and work-life balance are essential to you, DCG is an excellent fit. Employees have the option of a shared workspace and remote work, depending on what helps you do your job best. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to lead a team supporting a large-scale IT communications campaign, this is the role for you!
DCG’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday leave
- 401k retirement plan with 4% corporate match and 100% vesting from day one
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent, parking, transit)
- Five (5) days per year towards professional development, training, and conferences
About the Job:
We are seeking a Federal Project Manager (Strategic IT Communications) to provide daily management and leadership of a multi-year full-service IT communications project. In this role, you will serve as a trusted advisor to the client, conduct environmental scans, develop and recommend the communications strategy, and help shape the client’s brand, internally and externally. The PM will provide client management, interaction and relationship building, as well as team and contract deliverable management. In this role, you will join our rapidly growing communications team in using technology to create the best possible experience for Veterans.
What you will do:
On this fast-paced, high-profile account, you will support the overall performance and management of an enterprise-level campaign, serving as one of the primary client contacts on status and performance, while anticipating and fulfilling client needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued growth of the business. You will collaborate with internal colleagues and partners, as well as be the point of contact to DCG and sub-contractor team members to execute deliverables across multiple workstreams including crisis communications, social/digital media, executive messaging, public and media affairs, speaker support, congressional affairs, creative services (branding and collateral development), and business operations support (SharePoint and content management). The ideal candidate will be expected to support proposal activities for follow-on work.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interact with senior level officials such as Senior Executive Service (SES) members
- Support the organization and direction of task order activities, including staffing, and financial and proposal management
- Support the preparation and ongoing management of detailed project management plans to track progress
- Monitor project performance with the help of appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Support projects from kick-off and initiation to closeout and successful transfer of knowledge
- Prepare reports and present them to senior management as needed
- Draft recommendations based on observation, leadership development best practices, and research
- Support the preparation and review of comprehensive project documentation, including quality assurance plans, checklists, approval sheets for deliverables, comment trackers, etc.
- Ensure the prompt submittal of deliverables required by the task order
Location: Currently the entire DCG team is working virtually due to COVID-19. Once it is safe to return, the Creative Director may work a few days per week on the client site, space permitting, or at DCG’s WeWork office conveniently located in Washington, DC
The project manager position requires the following qualifications, training, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years of experience with progressive responsibility managing and being directly responsible for federal communications programs, to include management of at least $5 million budgets
- 5-10 years of experience successfully managing teams of 20 plus personnel, providing enterprise-level campaign design and management
- Management of large-scale, transformative IT communications program implementations
- Extensive experience in both project management and strategic communication.
- Breadth of experience and expertise in the full range of communication functions, including strategy, visuals/graphic design, branding, text-based communication products and messaging, employee communication, and web design/development.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic and tactical components of a large-scale communication program, and in integrating multiple communication vehicles/channels/products into a comprehensive and consistent strategy
- Experience working or liaising with executive leaderships and/or senior agency staff and/or heads of other executive departments and agencies
- Experience managing large scale creative projects (building client websites, launching public health campaigns, etc.)
- Proven experience leading a project involving a diverse team composed of writers, communications professionals, designers, social media specialists, etc.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment; ability to assess and mitigate project risks
- Experience promoting programs, plans, goals, and objectives with stakeholders and maintaining continuous communication with the client relating to contract performance
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, manage, and connect multiple projects and timelines across diverse work streams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, coaching, and team-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage direct reports and sub-contractors
- Proven to have outstanding written and oral communication skills to include strong experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide quick turnaround customer requests and perform in high intensity, quick reaction environments
- Demonstrated experience working with SharePoint, Podio, and/or other contemporary PM software
- An understanding of private sector approach and proven ability to apply in a public sector setting
- Experience supporting a large federal agency
- Proven to be resilient amongst challenging clients
- Direct experience in leading a complex communication organization with strategic and public affairs components.
- Experience supporting the Department of Veteran Affairs or working in the veteran ecosystem
- Experience with full-service information technology (IT) communications programs
- Active Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Public Trust credentials and ability to access the VA network
- Prior or current experience leading full-service communications projects at VA
- Certified Program Management Professional (PMP)
DCG Life Medium Blog: https://medium.com/dcg-life
DCG Life Instagram: @dcglife
DCG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-13