Federal Public Affairs Manager (47776)
Do you want to make a difference by shaping environmental policy?
We are building a federal advocacy team in the U.S. and are looking for a Federal Public Affairs Manager to join us and develop our advocacy program for Renewable Polymers and Chemicals (RPC) in Washington, D.C.
Your part in the Neste journey
It is a great time to join us! Our aspiration is to be the global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are currently the world’s leading producer of renewable diesel, growing and diversifying into renewable jet fuel and renewable polymers and chemicals.
In your role, you will:
- Develop and lead Neste’s U.S. federal advocacy priorities related to renewable polymers and chemicals in alignment with the RPC business unit, the global Head of Public Affairs for RPC, and the Head of Public Affairs, Americas.
- Be an essential member of the Americas P.A. team.
- Represent Neste to members of Congress and staff, White House officials and staff, trade associations, and NGOs.
- Identify, build or lead effective coalitions, working groups, or partnerships on behalf of Neste.
- Identify and manage strategic partnerships with contract lobbyists, think tanks, or other consultants. Demonstrate ROI.
- Collaborate on issue advocacy campaigns with P.A. and Sustainability and Corporate Affairs (SCA) teams and external partners.
- Track, communicate, and document legislative proposals and requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with P.A. federal and state regulatory managers as needed with regulatory agencies.
- Develop advocacy tools with the P.A. and SCA teams. Tools may include fact sheets, policy memos or white papers, infographics, talking points, presentations, and social media posts.
You will work collaboratively with Neste’s business functions and Public Affairs team in the Americas to support business unit through advocacy and regulatory intelligence. You will participate in setting regulatory goals and strategies and providing insights for Neste decision-making at strategic and tactical levels.
Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Keys to success in this role
The ideal candidate will possess the combination of experience, skills and knowledge:
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience working in the U.S. Congress or the Executive branch (including federal agencies) in a legislative capacity.
- Understanding of House and Senate processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated effective leadership working with internal and/or external stakeholders, coalitions, or partnerships. An open-minded, flexible, and creative approach.
- Knowledge of federal environmental policy and policy related to plastics, chemicals, or recycling.
- Experience working with external lobbyists and trade associations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently and flexibly with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency using legislative tracking software, spreadsheets, and databases for reporting and efficiently managing feedback from internal stakeholders.
- A commitment to building a healthier planet for our children.
- A Bachelor’s degree; Graduate degree preferred.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate ” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification “Form I-9” upon hire. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The position is full-time, based in the Washington D.C. area and with the ability to work remotely as required for the role. This position reports to the Head of Public Affairs, Americas based in Houston, Texas. The position is expected to work irregular hours when Congress is in session, as well as spend up to 10% of their time on travel, including international, as COVID-19 guidelines permit.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.
Job posted: 2021-09-13