Federal Relations Associate
Are you interested in using your skills and be a part of an organization to help develop and advance legislation to achieve high quality health care and improved health for all?
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient-and community-centered health system.
The Federal Relations Team develops and executes strategies to advance federal policy that ensures the best health and health care are equally accessible and affordable for all in the nation. The team builds and maintain relationships with key staff in Congress, the current Administration and other external partners at national organizations to advance the organization’s mission and goals. We are looking for a candidate that has a clear understanding and passion for health care policy and social justice issues, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with Congressional and Administrative staff and stakeholder partners.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Monitor and track Administrative and legislative activity. Analyze proposed legislation and Administrative actions to determine the potential impact on the organization’s priority areas.
- Assist with drafting, editing, and submitting comments on proposed federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain relationships and regular communications with Congressional and Administration staff on Administrative and legislative activity that presents opportunities and challenges to Families USA’s project areas and priorities.
- Assist the Federal Relations team in the scheduling and facilitation of meetings with Capitol Hill and Administration officials, briefings, webinars, and other events.
- Coordinate and assist in leading the work of Families USA’s various stakeholder coalitions. Manage regular correspondence and facilitate monthly coalition meetings.
- Draft letters, emails, one-pagers, talking points, and other correspondence to policymakers to describe the organization’s policy positions.
- Represent the organization in-person and by phone at coalition meetings and with Congressional and Administration staff.
- Produce content on several of Families USA’s issues areas and federal policy, including but not limited to: emails, blogs, fact sheets, issue briefs, language for infographics, and other materials.
- Work across internal teams to coordinate Federal Relations work across Families USA projects and departments.
- Give presentations on Families USA-run webinars and at external partner meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government Relations, Public Health, or related fields. Graduate degree a plus. At least 1-3 years of federal legislative or executive branch experience, or federal policy and advocacy experience at a similar organization. A passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, 403(b), paid parental leave, 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, and many more exciting benefit programs.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, and desired salary. Cover letter and resume will be also used as writing samples. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-26