At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
This person with work with the Manager of Public Affairs and the advocacy team to expand a strong advocacy and organizing program for Planned Parenthood and ancillary advocacy/political organizations. Provide leadership to the advocacy strategists with the focus of building skills and capacity in order to mobilize support on key issues in the state. Also, expand the ability of the Public Affairs department to serve the various departments, health centers, and patients of Planned Parenthood.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct supervision to the advocacy strategists in the specific state, assist with personnel hiring, management and training issues.
- Manage an advocacy team that meets or exceeds metric standards set for work in all regions and key constituencies.
- Work with the Manager of Public Affairs to create and implement plans for grassroots lobbying and organizing activities such as lobby days and long-term issue advocacy field planning.
- Lead the advocacy team in developing, coordinating and directing activities for identifying, educating, motivating and activating allied organizations and constituencies such as the Patient Advocacy Program, Speakers Bureau, and PP Generation Action program.
- Work with the Manager of Public Affairs to develop organizing, legislative and electoral initiatives that support the organizations.
- Assist with grassroots organizing activities as needed.
- Attend, participate, and sometimes lead meetings with stakeholders, partners, and Planned Parenthood advocacy staff.
- Develop and execute a data management plan that includes systems and best practices that ensure data validity.
- Represent the organizations at events, internal and external task forces, coalitions, workgroups and committees as appropriate.
- Work cooperatively with the Manager of Public Affairs to implement and expand the image and brand of Planned Parenthood.
- Operate at the highest ethical level, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 6 years of progressive related experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of two years experience in public policy, grassroots advocacy or political campaigns required
- Must have 1-2 years of management experience
- Previous Field Manager experience desirable
- Professional or volunteer experience in reproductive justice/women’s rights preferred
- Background check required for employment
This position is a full-time salaried position working primarily days Monday through Friday with some weekends and evenings.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that effectively employs the skills and talents of all employees in our organization. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of their race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Click here: PPNCS Job Site
Job posted: 2019-05-07