Field Manager – Advocacy and Strategic Alliances (Federal and State)
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Manager for its Advocacy and Strategic Alliances (ASA) team to support state-based alliance relationship development, consultant management, events, programs and activities. The Manager will support the development and implementation of strategies that impact the biopharmaceutical public policy debate through work with third party allies.
The Manager will report to the Vice President for State Alliance and will work closely with ASA federal and state staff and colleagues across PhRMA.
Specifically, the Manager will:
- Work with the ASA Federal field team to support state-based programs on federal legislative priorities, including the We Work for Health program and efforts around Medicare, importation, and other federal priorities.
- Manage coordination and reporting of state-based partner engagements including new relationship development, activations, events, briefings, letters, calls, and other activities.
- Support industry employee grassroots efforts to educate, engage and activate employees on key policy issues including state and federal legislation and direct voter initiatives.
- Work with the ASA State regional team to support management of PhRMA’s 50 state field-based consultant network.
- Align closely with other departments, including attending inter-departmental meetings and reporting back to the team, understanding advocacy goals/objectives, and responding to requests promptly.
- Lead large and small group meetings, give presentations on industry value, and develop long and short-term strategies and plans.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a collaborative, proactive, self-starter who is passionate about contributing to the healthcare challenges we face today. This is a visible position and is both internally and externally facing. Key success factors for this role include strong organization, collaboration and execution skills as well as a team focus. The preferred candidate will be skilled in event planning and grassroots communications. Candidate should be adaptable, agile, able to prioritize and shift gears quickly, comfortable in a high-pressure environment and be politically savvy, diplomatic, responsive and professionally mature.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; public policy, political science, public affairs or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience; political campaign, coalition development, public affairs and/or media relations experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Available to work after hours and on weekends
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-31