Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Field Outreach Manager
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive, and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
Job Title: Field Outreach Manager
Reports To: Associate Director of Youth Engagement Services
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
The Field Outreach Manager is responsible for overall management and successful operation of the Street Outreach Program to ensure the achievement of program goals and objectives and supporting positive outcomes for youth on the streets. The SOP Coordinator will provide management, staff supervision, and field activities, monitor program operations, ensure accurate and consistent data collection and analysis for reporting, and contribute to program development and enhancement. Principle duties occur in the field, on the streets, where homeless and at-risk youth gather, some duties will be performed at Bridge headquarters.
Street Outreach is Bridge’s front-line service, and the basis for the entire Bridge continuum of care.
- Ensure that all SOP activities operate consistently and effectively within the mission and values of the program and Bridge standards.
- Supervise, support and monitor street-based activities of Bridge Outreach Workers
- Regularly assess the “street scene” to maintain up-to-date information on where homeless youth gather and ensure that Outreach Workers are visiting changing locations, including overnight camps in and around Boston
- Function as Lead Outreach Worker and participate in regular “foot patrol” on streets and in shelters
- Work in concert with Bridge Medical Van and Coordinator at Medical Van locations and facilitate street youth connection to the Van
- Maintain SOP outcome objectives of street youth referrals into Bridge; follow up with youth
- Create, maintain, and monitor effective communication channels between SOP partners, including city of Boston Homeless Shelter Commission, Pine Street Inn Outreach Van, local Police Department, adult homeless shelters, collaborating agencies, and other parties involved in street outreach in the region.
- Manage all program statistics and records, including accurate entry of data into both
- Serve as liaison/advocate between the program and the community including surrounding neighbors to build partnerships
- Ensure that all activities, services, and programs through Bridge are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Bridge clients
- Lead and participate in scheduled program coordinator and staff meetings.
- Participate in quarterly all-staff meeting
- Attend meetings outside of agency, as necessary.
- BA/BS Degree required or related degree
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience working with adolescents
- Knowledge of youth street culture, crisis prevention and intervention methods, and ability to form positive relationships with diverse populations
- Former experience with direct street-work.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required (car not required).
- Continuous clean driver’s record
- Must be willing and able to drive the Medical Van.
- Record-keeping, data management, and budgeting skills; ability to produce accurate reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge also provides a bonus of $2500 for all new employees that they are eligible in to receive in two $1250 installments after 6 months and at one year of service with Bridge.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-18