Florida State Affairs Leader
The Associate VP, Government Affairs represents the organization’s position on legislation and/or regulatory affairs to elected representatives and their staff, as well as to officials and staff in regulatory and other agencies. The Associate VP, Government Affairs requires a in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across segments and/or enterprise-wide.
The Associate VP, Government Affairs influences public and government policy at all levels: Local, Regional, National, European, Global. Involves the advocacy of an interest that is affected, actually or potentially, by the decisions of government leaders. Decisions are typically related to intradepartmental coordination, development and implementation of strategic plans, and business outcomes, and develops and implements strategic plans for the scope of management that are aligned with the Segment or Business strategy.
- Master’s Degree
- 10 or more years of technical experience
- 8 or more years of management experience
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- A track record of influencing public and government policy
- A passion for the development of innovative, high quality government relations programs
- Government policy or insurance related industry experience
- Knowledge of health insurance and/or health care issues
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-18