Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Foreign Policy APEC Communications Officer
Full Job Description
Company: MEC Energy Services, LLC
Job Title: APEC Communications Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the media and communications organizations, private sector representatives, Congressional officials, labor organizations, civil society, and other stakeholders to ensure U.S. positions reflect broad stakeholder interests and are aligned with the White House’s Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for positive economic engagement in the region.
- Coordinate with EAP’s Public Diplomacy Office to assist posts overseas in the design and implementation of customized U.S. overseas missions’ strategies to optimize the messaging strategies and public outreach.
- Work closely with the APEC Secretariat in Singapore Communication’s team to create and amplify content.
- Employ sound judgement to lead and coordinate a whole of government communications plan for the U.S. APEC host year.
- Work closely with the APEC 2023 Secretariat Deputy, Director, and Senior Official, the Office of Public Diplomacy and the interagency to support our goals of free, fair, and open trade and investment policies and sustainable and inclusive economic growth within the Asia-Pacific region and amplify the effort with media organizations.
- Develop comprehensive messaging campaigns and initiatives, including via traditional media, social media, and targeted outreach programs, to ensure consistency of message and purpose.
- Draft talking points, messaging strategies, and help create other public relations materials for the U.S. Senior Official Meetings, and provide communications support for U.S.-hosted Senior Officials’, ministerial, and Leaders’ meetings around the United States.
- Develop APEC branding and messaging that outline U.S. policy platforms and represent U.S. interests.
- Attend office, team, and interagency meetings, as required.
- Travel, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism and/or 3-4 years’ experience in, U.S. Federal Government, foreign affairs, international relations, or other related fields.
- Expertise in communications. Strong understanding of the principles, theories, and practices of international relations; ability to apply these to relevant issues relating to international digital economy.
- Skill in oral and written communications to interface with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the government, present briefings on communications plans and provide clear guidance and instructions.
- Knowledge of strategic and operational planning, and experience organizing, directing, and conducting complex messaging campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of U.S. and APEC regional media landscapes, public opinion, and regional influence operations.
- Must have 3-4 years’ experience managing communications campaigns, to include strategic planning, project and personnel management, familiarity with traditional media and digital platforms
**This position is subject to Executive Order 14042, Safer Federal Taskforce Guidelines and OSHA Requirements: COVID-19 Full Vaccination Required, with limited exception for those legally entitled to an accommodation
Job Type: Full-time
For more information on how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2022-11-14