GB Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability Director
The PACS director will perform the execution of the Europe Organization Units (OU) overall strategic direction through local initiatives within the area of public affairs, sustainability and communications in the GB market. Key responsibilities include developing value-added relations with local, national, and international media as well as other key stakeholder groups including system employees, government and regulatory bodies, non-governmental organizations, customers, and consumers. Holder of the role will also be expected to provide functional thought leadership for GB business and lead GB Incident Management & Crisis Resolution (IMCR) process in partnership with the Bottler. This is a role that requires strong people management skills and ability to work in a networked manner.
What You’ll Do for Us:
- Strategic planning and implementation of key OU and corporate reputation programs, sponsorships, partnership and its strategic leveraging with mass media and stakeholders.
- Ensure proper business planning process and timely implementation for all reputation related projects (company/brand/category).
- Lead and advise the bottling partner on the strategic initiatives to build system trust.
- Provides though leadership, local context and coordinates/contributes in global events/ requests implementation involving Global ELT participation.
- Analyzes & provides thought leadership on GB regulatory & GR environment
- Develops GR strategies for GB to efficiently manage all current short-term issues and proactively to shape an environment in the mid-ling term that allows GB business to operate smoothly
- Supports bottling partner in maintaining relationships with key government officials, mitigating regulatory risks and issues, ensuring business continuity
- Manages key stakeholder relations.
- Regulatory monitoring and stakeholder mapping.
- Public representation: represents TCCC in business and professional associations, external meetings on social and economic issues, acts as TCCC primary spokesperson.
- Manages GB business stories
- Represents the Company’s official position in the mass media as a Company’s spokesperson for GB and manages required content so that other company spokespeople can engage with local media as needed (example: local GM)
- Keeps top level relationships with editorial staff of all target media outlets, (i.e. media specialized in soft drinks and consumer goods, business media, general interest and entertainment media outlets, etc.) to make sure that a two-way information flow remains uninterrupted and smooth, that media inquiries and requests for information are satisfied in a way best serving The Coca-Cola Company’s interests, and deadlines are met.
- Manages IMCR; coordinates with our bottlers, the Europe OU crisis team and Corporate
- Provides advise/heads up to management team on issues, sensitive to media and public that may affect the Coca-Cola system.
Sustainability Communications & Social Impact/Community Relations:
- Executes against OU sustainability goals, amplify OU/global initiatives.
- Supports Coca-Cola’s presence during key conferences dedicated to the sustainability.
- Provide thought leadership on developing a national social impact strategy & plan to drive long-lasting community impact connected with GB business growth plan and in alignment with Global/Europe Social Impact strategy.
- Leads giving and local community activities in alignment with the community strategy outlined by our Social Impact lead in the Europe OU.
- Manage the relationship & active dialogue with key community related stakeholders (e.g. NGOs)
- Amplifies internal & leadership communications on GB topics based on strategy and content developed by the PACS pool team of the Europe OU/makes all necessary local adaptations.
Social & Digital Communications:
- Amplifies the company’s story on social media and digital platforms to strengthen the company’s reputation and enhance category trust by localizing relevant social media content coming from Platform services and ensuring the company website and social networks are refreshed and up-to-date, and reflect system-wide initiatives.
- Supports in planning and managing the implementation of brand communications in the market with local media and influencers.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher.
- At least 12 years of professional PR/GR experience (at least 5 years in functional leadership positions)
- English (native), speaking and writing
- Stakeholder relations management
- Ability to work with the external very high-level audiences
- Develop unique ideas that can be used to address business issues and improve the organization
- Make personal decisions that impact our ability to drive organizational success
- Business writing
- Public speaking
- Understand the role in building and delivering short- and long-term results to the business
- Seeks out perspectives from multiple sources and identifies opportunities to use them
- Leverages internal insights and external best practices to promote leading edge thinking
- Embrace change and demonstrate clear commitment to the success of TCCC
- Understand business insights and strategies
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams and collaboration with Marketing teams
- Ability to analyze complex business and regulatory issues, manage divergent stakeholders and bring together multiple concepts across functions to define the long-term public affairs, government relations, communications and sustainability strategy for the business
- Experience of working internationally or in multicultural teams is advantageous.
- 35% within GB and 15% outside of GB of travel required
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-28