Global Communications Manager
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone’s lives, writing the future of smart motion.
You will be working as a Global Communications Manager and will be reporting to the Global Business Line (BL) Communications Manager. You will be responsible for contributing to business objectives through the development and deployment of innovative and effective marketing communications initiatives. You will also be accountable for developing and implementing the business line marketing communications strategy, plan and activities for supporting the business line growth ambitions and strategy, aligned with Motion business. You will be driving effective external communication initiatives with outside-in approach, identifying and applying effective communication channels, aligned messaging, storyline and content.
- Developing, executing and governing marketing communications concepts and programs for engaging various stakeholders as per the business strategy and working closely with business representatives, marketing and sales for ensuring content alignment and feasibility of the concepts and programs at business level.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, measuring and improving communication plans for supporting sales initiatives for achieving business line objectives and ensuring the development of cross functional marketing initiatives.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing the annual marketing communications editorial calendar, content and storyline through all communication channels and materials for establishing coherent internal and external messaging and brand equity.
- Creating and maintaining the communications materials for ensuring that messages are integrated in the Motion segments messaging an creating materials can be included, but are not limited to internal articles, success stories, case studies, press releases, customer presentations, scripts, podcasts, market collateral, etc.
- Ensuring sound communication across multiple and appropriate trade media in line with the overall communication strategy for extending the ABB’s visibility.
- Researching, identifying, and selecting external marketing communications service providers and defining quality and delivery targets for externally assigned activities along with monitoring ongoing progress, and resolving issues.
- Developing global promotional activities using events, fairs, online campaigns, print media, and other communications vehicles for promoting products, systems, and services through the whole life cycle.
- Defining key targets and quality metrics for marketing communications initiatives and reviewing and evaluating results upon completion of the activities.
- Developing and maintaining digital content and media strategy and structure representing the complete portfolio and value propositions in a consistent and qualitative way for ensuring maximum sales support and traction.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field AND 5 years of experience in marketing communications or journalism in a Business to Business (B2B) environment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- *A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- *A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience and deep understanding of various marketing communications disciplines and work streams.
- Ability to lead, plan, implement, prioritize and evaluate projects according to established strategies, processes and timings.
- Excellent writing and presentation and collaboration skills.
- Business driven, highly motivated, self-driven personality, ability to work under pressure.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-08