Global Communications and Organizational Change Manager
Req. ID: 216545
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
The Global Quality Communications and Organizational Change Manager drives and leads strategic change initiatives and executive, organizational, and program communications for Micron’s Global Quality organization. This role is responsible for ensuring that change in the organization is a planned and executed process and also drives and supports organizational success and engagement through a comprehensive change and project management strategy.
- Develop and drive a culture of quality and quality mindset activities
- Lead and support Global Quality and executive communications, with key business partners including GQ leadership, Global Communications & Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, etc. Deliverables include customer presentations, all-hands team member meeting presentations, correspondence, etc.
- Build solid relationships with key corporate partners (i.e., Global Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Learning & Development, etc.)
- Manage a portfolio of quality strategic initiatives that require a focus on change management
- Define and implement change management best practices and standards to build change management proficiency and standard methodologies
- Build and maintain positive relationships with managers and employees to identify, supervise, and lead quality culture risks and issues
- Develop and deploy creative strategies and platforms for engaging employees with quality messaging to strengthen and improve the company’s quality culture (e.g., Quality kits, Quality roundtables, Engage toolkits, etc.)
- Find opportunities to drive culture through communications, events, and programs that contribute to team building and a positive work environment (e.g., engagement activities, recognition programs, etc.).
- Provide advising and mentor to managers and leaders
Bachelor’s degree in communication or other related business degrees
3-5 years’ experience in a communications-related role or subject area
Successful Candidates will have:
- Ability to develop professional, effective communication to an internal audience
- Track record of success in developing and executing integrated communication approaches
- Recognized as an excellent teammate who willingly shares knowledge and information with others and can get work done through influence
- Exercises good judgment as a communication professional
- The ability to explain sophisticated concepts and make them relevant to multiple audiences
- Strong to expert knowledge of change management methodology
- Proven communication planning experience and execution
- Expertise in Microsoft office applications. Specifically, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial, and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR, and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose-built to demonstrate the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and improve communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-02