Global Consumer PR Manager
hould have a passion for the Tinder brand and must be an independent thinker and a self-starter with the ability to manage several projects at once with a high level of detail and creativity. Of particular interest are candidates with a background in technology, entertainment or lifestyle sectors and those who are used to working in an environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to think globally. Candidates who have experience developing strategies for a young, consumer-focused brand are also of interest.
In this role you will:
- Be the hub for global consumer storytelling – you are the driver of the story from concept to execution including press materials & messaging, assets, workbacks and strategic media strategy guidance.
- Be the master of trend-spotting. You’ll manage our global workstream of identifying what is happening on Tinder and how we convey that to gen-z driven media in all parts of the world.
- Be the team’s marquee data storyteller. You’ll be working closely with our data analytics team to understand what behavioral and engagement data drives a compelling story that both press and Gen Z consumers care about.
- Develop and run global consumer communications campaigns that drive a news cycle around Tinder. You are our major unlock to securing “rolling thunder” coverage every month in every part of the world.
- Manage budgets and workbacks. You will ruthlessly drive timelines and alignment cross functionally and within our communications department.
- You have a rare ability to take what may be seen as a “comms idea” and work in partnership with business development, influencer marketers, integrated marketers, social media strategists and insight analysts to build a 360 campaign that works all around the world.
- You are visually creative and understand what it means to create assets that also work as an angle and strategy. You get that creating things that are visually compelling and can tell the same story that words do.
Most of this applies to you:
- You have at least 5-8 years of experience in consumer communications, in lifestyle, tech or entertainment sector (agency experience is a plus – we care more about your experience vs. the number of years under your belt.)
- You have a passion for all things internet culture & Gen Z (you know the latest TikTok challenges and YouTubers.)
- You understand data can be powerful in consumer storytelling but understand that a winning idea has science (data) and gut (your intuition.)
- You are a phenomenal storyteller and understand what makes something interesting for media that write for a young and broad audience.
- You must be able to synthesize multiple layers of feedback and input. When that feedback is conflicting, you’re able to make tough decisions about how to move a project forward gracefully.
- You enjoy project management & story-development over media relations but still understand what makes a good story for media. You move with influence but you’re also willing to get into the weeds and be humble about it, meaning you flourish in a ‘hands-on’ role, adding value at different levels.
- You have a strong bias-to-action, are adept and agile on changing course and used to getting things done on short timeframes.
- You’re a strategic thinker, nimble and creative problem solver, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent writer/communicator.
- You “get” social and what makes a story travel and what also makes a journalist want to connect you with their social editor because it’s perfect for their channels.
- You are confident and creative in writing.
- You are an independent thinker, clearly have a point of view and are willing to hear others out when they disagree.
- You have a keen ability to think innovatively and connect the dots where others cannot.
- You share the point of view that one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 OK people—and want to be that great person.
- You are pragmatic, organized and detailed. You ultimately have a solid capacity to both think and ‘do’.
- You would consider yourself a smart minimalist. You know how to keep things simple. You know that communications can be made complex—and will resist and prevent that. You do not need or desire big budgets for big results.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
· The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
· Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
· Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
· Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-21