Global Corporate Communications Leader- Saginaw (2020)
The Global Corporate Communications Leader is responsible to lead internal messaging and branding, delivering a consistent approach to help employees globally share a common understanding, acceptance and commitment to Nexteer’s culture, strategy, goals and objectives. The Leader plays a key role in connecting and inspiring our organization, putting forth a positive, engaging strategy to cultivate employee engagement, advocacy, and assist with attraction and retention of talent.
The Global Corporate Communications Leader will:
- Be responsible to execute the global strategy for Nexteer’s corporate communication programs.
- Develop/manage Nexteer’s corporate communication team supporting internal communications consisting of development/execution of strategic communication campaigns, employee events, project management, copy-writing, video, photography, and graphic design, content development (print, digital), and Nexteer-branded items across multiple languages and communication channels.
- Lead strategy and guidelines for the global communications team; collaborate across regions to identify and disseminate best practices and provide expert advice as needed.
- Develop message planning, logistics, and execution of executive communications.
- Build company culture through management of all internal branding and artwork; Design, procure, and distribute Nexteer-branded items; Counsel internal clients on effective branding for events, new applications, and processes.
- Manage global communication tools and processes such as intranet, digital signage, email and various Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Counsel internal clients to effectively develop and deploy strategic communication campaigns.
- Develop and manage event planning for a variety of company functions, such as the Global Leadership Conference, Culture Week, Quality Week, and Site Openings as well as support and advise internal clients on event branding, compliance, equipment and collateral.
- Develop and implement employee engagement programs to support attraction and retention of talent.
- Continually evaluate internal communication tactics and channels, establish rules and best practices for their use and regularly measure and report success. Research, propose, and implement new tools and processes designed to enhance employee communications.
- Develop/manage a network of external vendors supporting internal communications.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field preferred (job-related experience is considered)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with communications, change management, or project management, with a proven ability in understanding communication principles and practices.
- Ability to demonstrate effective critical thinking, strategic planning, and project management skills with demonstrated ability to successfully manage several assignments simultaneously and to coordinate with multiple departments at all levels of the organization.
- High level of analytical skill where problems are frequently complex.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including creative and business writing, editing, proofreading and design.
- Ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of media and channels.
- Able to drive alignment by crafting compelling and informational messaging internally to all levels of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of communications platforms and communication enhancement technology such as conferencing and peer-to-peer communications.
- Experience with event planning and management, with preference for both global and local events.
- Experience as a people manager.
- Proficiency in relationship-building and organizational leadership.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills – comfortable with both technical and non-technical collaborators across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule to enable interaction with internal and external global organizations when required.
- Preferred: broad knowledge of organizational business operations.
- Preferred: experience in budget management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-989-757-5000. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-17