Global Government Affairs Principal Policy Advisor
Contribute to a safer, secure and more sustainable World!
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The person(s) will be responsible for leveraging GGA Policy Discipline team (Legislative, Regulatory, and Trade), GGA Regional team, and relevant industry association relationships to provide strategic policy advice to inform division and/or regional strategies across the globe. Facilitates relationships between UL’s business division, functions, and regional leadership teams with appropriate government and industry officials. Provides regulatory and industry intelligence gathering, analysis and targeted dissemination to these and other internal customers.
- Facilitates relationships between BU and GGA with appropriate government and industry officials.
- Aggregates, distills, and interprets influencers reporting to inform BU strategies.
- Collaborates with Policy discipline team to execute strategies to influence policy outcomes.
- Systematically identifies, assesses and sizes direct opportunities with federal agencies, and opportunities for UL services to supplement or replace those currently performed by the federal government. Proposes criteria to set priorities for developing such opportunities and presents market research and proposed prioritization criteria back to internal customers for review and feedback.
- With input from appropriate colleagues, is responsible for drafting, modifying, and submitting UL responses to federal and state requests for information (RFIs) and other public comment requests on domestic policy matters. Uses government affairs expertise to validate executive discussion points and writings for government and other key officials.
- Works with other Advisors in other geographies to advance BU/industry divisions priorities in other markets.
- Is responsible for GGA activities in regions of priority to industry divisions where GGA does not have a physical presence.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives of business requirements
- Typically operates with broad latitude in a complex environment
- Performs other duties as directed
- BA Degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Government Relations or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Generally 10 Years or more of related experience or demonstrated competency
- Strategy development and execution experience
- Project Management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining high quality and excellent customer service
- Ability to facilitate or lead meetings, make presentations and organize both internal and external coalitions.
- Ability to present and influence decisions
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-27