Global Head of Communications
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for a Global Head of Communications to set the vision and lead world-class talent to tell meaningful, relevant and timely stories about how more than 300 million Pinners around the world use Pinterest. We are seeking a leader who can craft a vision and strategy to increase the relevance and reach of earned media
What you’ll do:
- Set the strategy for global communications in more than 20 countries
- Manage and mentor a team of 25 communication professionals
- Drive accountability to deliver on quarterly global OKRs measuring reach and sentiment of earned media
- Advise senior leadership on internal and executive communications
- Provide reputation counsel, support, message management and media training for Pinterest key executives and thought leaders
- Develop creative, thoughtful and impactful stories to advance Pinterest values
- Help build internal communications strategy and ongoing programs to keep teams informed, inspired, and connected to Pinterest strategy, culture, and values.
What we’re looking for:
- 20+ years of experience managing corporate or consumer communications
- Experience delivering results with outstanding verbal, written and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated success in an in-house leadership role with a publicly traded, consumer company, preferably with coaching experience
- Foundational experience in government, media, and/or journalism is desirable.
- Proven global experience and international perspective
- Experience with technology is preferred, but not required.
- An executive presence that demonstrates good judgment and candor.
- Leadership skills that inspire the communications team as well as the broader company.
- A strategy that understands and evolves with change inside and outside of the company
- Ability to lead through ambiguity
- Strong cross-functional partnership to drive collaboration with the marketing, sales, engineering and product teams.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-19