Global Head of Communications
Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility (UAM) division is designing an aerial vehicle tailored to the urban and regional mobility needs of our future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that whisks them over traffic and onto their final destination. At Hyundai UAM, we believe in creative thinking and cooperation to build a better mobility experience for individuals. We strive to improve people’s ability to move – whether for work or at play. Our division fuses research in autonomy, robotics, aviation, and services to define a new category of mobility for communities. We are building a world-class team that will help usher in a new form of transportation that is poised to transform the mobility experience for many generations to come.
In this role you will lead and create the branding, communications, social media and PR strategy. Once the programs are launched you will measure the effectiveness and performance of marketing programs so that we can become more efficient and effective across our marketing and communications programs. You will align with stakeholders to create the brand vision and objectives, and then eventually the customer experience.
We are looking for an innovative individual who has previously launched the communications strategy with a start-up company.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and deploy overall communications strategy for UAM, creating various narratives and writing copy for long/short-form content, web marketing, video, social media, email marketing, PR, trade-shows, branding, and advertising
- Lead content creation for websites, social media channels, web-based communications, and opinion surveys
- Create relevant and compelling presentations (talk tracks and graphics) targeted at specific audiences, including keynotes, all-hands and technical presentations
- Establish channels for both internal and external communications, including media relations, press releases, and presenting concepts to the media
- Synthesize information across products, initiatives, and programs, and weave them into meaningful and inspirational narratives; create proactive messaging around potential challenges and obstacles
- Internalize business strategies and connect the dots across multiple teams to merge the overarching messaging and targeted communications that are relevant, meaningful, and educational for various audiences including employees, leaders, and executives
- Oversees the development and maintenance of brand strategies including name, logo creation, websites, etc.
- Build and align a team around a central brand positioning, planning framework, brand architecture, and engagement strategies
- Partner with outside agencies to develop branded solutions serving as the central stakeholder that drives both the creative process as well as the internal team management and communications
- Lead product launches, customer engagement and feedback, collateral development, and scaled customer communication
Experience and Skills
- 8+ years as a communications leader with extensive PR, communications, social media and branding experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to perform under pressure while prioritizing and managing multiple objectives and/or projects simultaneously along with a high degree of organization and attention to detail
- MBA or MA highly preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience establishing new company’s branding strategy, start-up experience highly preferred
- Expertise and experience analyzing data sets and deriving insights and marketing strategy recommendations
- Experience working with product, design, brand and social media
- Extremely comfortable making decisions based on data. Where data isn’t available, you make decisions based on clear principles and be capable of adapting and changing course mid-flight
- Expertise in analytical tools including Microsoft Powerpoint and Tableau
- Experience turning data and insights into programs for improving comprehension, adoption, and awareness at a global scale
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-22