Global Head of Government Relations
Ripple is seeking a Global Head of Government Relations to design, build and execute a tactical and comprehensive strategy to pave the way for the Internet of Value. In this role you will drive the global strategy and execution of Ripple’s forward-thinking position surrounding digital payments, by helping influence regulators, legislators and policy makers in our priority geographies. This role reports to Ripple’s General Counsel.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will lead the Government Relations Team and offer thought leadership to Ripple while working closely with Ripple’s Legal, Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to establish and execute government affairs strategies for Ripple’s product pipeline
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate policy, legislative and regulatory developments that are relevant to Ripple’s present and future lines of business
- Identify and help to develop appropriate strategic engagement with global policy makers, legislators and regulators to pave the way for the next generation of digital payments and the Internet of Value
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You will have a minimum of fifteen years of experience in a global government affairs role and/or in a relevant senior position in government supporting a senior elected official, a senior agency official and/or a senior regulator.
- Knowledge of policy issues related to enterprise software, digital assets, payments, cybersecurity, technology and blockchain
- Relationships with policy makers, legislators and regulators globally to help Ripple proactively engage with these individuals
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney, Ripple has more than 200 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Learn more here
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.
Job posted: 2019-03-20