Global Head of Public Policy
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the world’s most prolific technology business’ and brand. The successful candidate will lead a large team, overseeing Public Policy and Government Relations. This role will lead HP’s Public Policy organization that focuses on delivering and enabling global enterprise priorities and strategic relationship-development in key geographies. They will lead HP’s engagement with government entities, influence external public policy decisions, and advocate on behalf of the company with internal and external stakeholders including Supply Chain, Communications, HR, Business Units, Sales, and Marketing. This is a key executive role on the GLA leadership team. In addition to providing leadership within the department and overseeing the Public Policy organization, they will have an opportunity to support a company and department driving toward innovation at every level. They will shepherd the transformation of the public policy function to a proactive and strategic thought leadership organization, supporting HP Inc.’s established businesses and future opportunities.
The Global Legal Affairs organization is responsible for all of HP’s legal matters, including corporate governance, public policy, intellectual property, ethics and compliance and legal counsel representation in every region. They are a mix of attorneys and non-attorneys. They value teamwork, engagement, honesty, forward thinking and open communication. They are proud of the culture they have created. By bringing together varied perspectives they challenge each other and the development of new and creative solutions. They want to find, grow, and keep the very best employees in the industry by valuing differences, offering amazing careers and having fun.
he successful candidate will embrace HP Inc.’s values of integrity, innovation, people, sustainability and diversity.
- Strategy and Vision: Overall responsibility for strategy, planning, and implementation of programs and initiatives related to public policy and government relations priorities.
- Team Leadership: Lead and manage a team of experienced and extremely capable professionals. Demonstrate leadership values, provide vision, and foster an environment in which the team can perform their best.
- Public Policy: Lead HP’s public policy organization in influencing regulation, external advocacy, opportunistic value capture and advancing HPs leadership in the segments and geographies in which we operate.
- Government Relations: Lead regional government relations organizations in proactive engagement, risk mitigation and enablement of HP’s businesses
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in government relations or public policy roles, with increasing responsibility and team leadership
- Demonstrated experience advising & directing senior management and boards through complicated issues, ideally in a complex, multinational environment.
- Experience managing large teams including seasoned executives, internal cross functional teams, and external consultants.
- Several years in a senior/leadership role within a corporate environment.
- Flexible and responsive, able to prioritize and re-prioritize to meet business needs and issues as they arise.
- A person who works cross-functionally and across business units to ensure alignment in priorities, support and to establish accountability needed to deliver key strategies.
- Familiarity and comfort within a complex business with both operations and distribution around the world.
- Operates with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an extremely demanding, dynamic and matrixed environment.
- Mastery of negotiating or advising the most senior representatives at external and internal organizations on highly complex, high impact legal matters.
- Embody leadership capabilities with established organizational and project management skills, work collaboratively with others, and demonstrate a high degree of accountability.
- Collaborator with the ability to build, lead and manage a seasoned team, establishes foundations for influence by building credibility and open, trusting relationships.
- Strong executive presence; demonstrating confidence in analyzing and decision making with underlying humility and a commitment to company success.
- Commanding business orientation ensuring that policies, practices, and directives are made in light of business objectives and presented as a competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, responsiveness, and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communicator with great analytical/presentation skills, adapt to audience and express complex ideas in understandable and effective ways.
- Winning attitude and growth mindset, a passion for continuous leaning, development, and improvement.
- Able to flex working style across different functional groups, time zones and cultures – embracing diversity of thought, culture, and communications styles.
- Thrives in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Job posted: 2021-07-18