Global Health Officer – Policy Analyst
Futrend Technology, Inc. is a rapidly growing innovative business and technology solutions provider. Our primary focus and core competencies are in Healthcare IT, Federal Financial Management, and Grants Management. We excel at providing customers with high-value solutions that support their missions and meet their most critical objectives and business needs. We provide full life-cycle IT services to Federal agencies with recognized excellence in complex real-time system integration and enterprise-wide system implementation.
If you are interested in joining a growing and energetic company, that is customer-focused and employee-oriented, please check us out to see if we have a match for your skills and interests. At Futrend, our staff shares our core values of honesty, integrity, hard work, excellence, and self-improvement. We value our staff for their skills, knowledge, experience, and contributions.
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits package.
The Global Health Officer/PA will work in the Office of Futrend’s U.S. Federal client in Washington, DC. The Federal client will provide support to Federal client supervisors and senior staff as well as selected global health programs and policies that relate to coordination between HHS/OGA, HHS divisions, and other USG agencies, international organizations, public/ private organizations, and foreign governments with global responsibilities/ activities. Mastery of theories, concepts, principles, practices, methods, and techniques of public health policy analysis is expected.
Key Responsibilities/Job Duties:
- Communicates and works with colleagues at senior levels of the Executive branch of Government.
- Provides responsive, reliable, accountable, and respectful customer service, to both internal and external customers, in the context of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Conducts routine communications effectively following established procedures.
- Ensures data, reports, and responses to inquiries or requests, are accurate and relevant.
- Consistently identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement and implements practical suggestions to improve customer satisfaction.
- Handles routine inquiries independently and refers more complex inquiries to team leader or supervisor, as required.
- Recognizes potential or actual problems and conducts research, if necessary, toward resolution, keeping team leader/supervisor informed.
- Ensures delivery dates are always met or surpassed.
- Exercises sound judgment and keen insight regarding sensitive matters, particularly those issues with significant impact to OGA and HHS.
- Identifies and briefs a backup when out of the office for more than one day (i.e., prior to departure, review current workload, issues likely to arise while out of the office, key contacts, etc.).
- Prepares issue papers, reports, memoranda, analyses, briefing documents, program proposals, position papers and other documents on issues and opportunities related to the Federal client, HHS Divisions and USG entities. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within HHS, USG interagency, U.S. Embassies and other relevant organizations to promote HHS’s mission and objectives.
- Represents the Federal client effectively in forums and meetings.
- Provides administrative and technical assistance to the Senior Advisor to Agency Coordination and Federal client senior staff on issues related to global health and human services activities that support agency coordination.
- Monitors and analyzes new legislation, policies, program initiatives, regulations and requirements and make recommendations to issue new policies and instructions to fulfill requirements.
- Obtains information through a variety of means, to include: newspapers, magazines, audio visual material, press relseases in order to be informed about domestic and global health issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (public health, global health, health policy, microbiology etc.)
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in global health or public health projects or programs
- Must be U.S. Citizen and have the ability to pass a public trust background check
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-visibility setting, and possess a degree of political savvy
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Meticulous organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; capable of trouble-shooting these programs
- Strong initiative to undertake needed tasks and proactively solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Graduate degree in a related field (public health, basic science, global health, health policy, etc.)
- Experience in antimicrobial resistance, microbiology, and/or immunology preferred
- Government contracting and consulting experience is preferred
Futrend Technology, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States.
Futrend Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-10