Global Internal Communications Lead
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions – enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
The Communications and Public Affairs function is crucial to our success. They are responsible for creating clear and targeted messaging for employees, customers and stakeholders, while supporting strong brand positioning, facilitating positive media relations, and managing public affairs.
The role reports to the Electrification Global Internal Communications Leader and is located in Atlanta, Georgia. As an Internal Communications Lead, you will be responsible to provide communications counsel and support to the global Information Services, Research & Development (R&D) and Global Markets functions in the Electrification Business, defining, developing and executing high-quality communications plans to support delivery of each function’s priorities, processes and related change management. Ensure alignment and delivery of overall Electrification (EL) messaging and strategy. Partner with external communications team in defining and amplifying external opportunities for functional leaders.
- Functional communications strategies – Develop and execute proactive communications strategies for Global Markets, R&D, and IS (Information System) functions including communications targeted to: Function employees and all EL employees globally.
- Ensure a steady, proactive rhythm of communications, alignment with global EL messaging/positioning and effective use of communications channels.
- Co-ordinate with local Communications, where necessary, to ensure effective implementation.
- Communications materials – Support functions in creating communication programs, presentations, stories, videos and other materials.
- Ensure alignment with Electrification global messaging/positioning. Develop global stories, videos, etc. to share function’s priorities and successes across Electrification globally.
- Change management – Provide counsel and support to function leaders to create effective change management communications for specific programs as needed, as well as recommending ongoing opportunities to drive two-way dialogue.
- Leadership communications and events – Facilitate leadership communications from function leaders to various internal audiences across the globe and provide support for functional team communications and high-level events.
- Deliver summary metrics (where possible) to report out on reach/engagement.
- Partner with external communications team in defining and amplifying external speaking/thought leadership opportunities.
- Digital and social media – Partner with external/social team to align and amplify social media content.
- Budget and cost control – Manage and apply rigorous control to the communications budget, ensure transparency and maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Additional writing and internal communication support – provide other ad hoc support to Internal Communications leader and internal communications events as required.
- Including ad-hoc support on Business Division leadership communication as required.
- Graduate level certification in Communications, HR, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ of experience in HR (Human Recourse) communications, internal/employee communications, or combination.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Experienced in developing holistic communications strategies that help connect the dots for target audiences.
- Innovative spirit to identify new opportunities and approaches to improving communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and functions to achieve goals and drive performance.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Self-starter: Proven organizational skills and project management experience.
- Strong capability for independent direction and decision-making.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Experience with communications measurement and metrics.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-21