Global Internal Communications Manager (Job Number: COR01124)
Our global corporate affairs and communications department is responsible for managing Hilton’s corporate reputation, brand communications, and fostering positive relations with federal, state, and local governments, associations and influencers.
What will I be doing?
The Workplace Culture Communications team seeks to engage Hilton Team Members through thoughtful, creative and strategic communications. We are seeking a skilled, well-rounded communicator to join the team. This vast portfolio encompasses the work we do with Human Resources, including executive communications for our CHRO (Chief Human Resources Officer) and support across all critical subject areas (i.e. Diversity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning & Development, Benefits, Recruitment), Technology specific to our Digital Workplace, Safety & Security/Legal, and Corporate Responsibility. Responsibilities include supporting strategic communications planning, content development, and campaign management and execution. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Team Member Communications.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist in the creation of strategic, enterprise-wide campaigns to support programs across critical business areas in HR, Technology, Corporate Responsibility, Workplace Services and Legal, and oversee execution of key initiatives within those plans
- Write and prepare communications to support global initiatives
- Establish relationships with business partners and teams across the company to help provide direction and ensure program alignment consistent with key priorities and messaging in coordination with the Senior Manager
- Support the Human Resources/Global Communications (HRGC) cross-functional working group, including agenda creation and coordination on resulting action items
- Make a contribution to weekly editorial planning and content creation that occurs across internal communications vectors, in partnership with all Team Member Communications colleagues
- Coordinate with outside agencies to ensure development of strong materials on time and within parameters
- Oversee reporting and measurement initiatives related to our internal campaigns to find opportunities for increased engagement
- Maintain a master calendar of all workplace culture initiatives that feeds into a broader Communications & External Affairs editorial calendar
- Partner with all Team Member Communications colleagues to ensure dissemination of critical information and alignment
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Proficiency and interest in employee engagement and workplace culture
- Strong writing skills and relationship management skills
- The ability to navigate ambiguity, problem solve, think strategically, connect dots and execute efficiently
- Experience with cross-functional partnerships and collaboration
- Alignment with Hilton’s values and our founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Five (5) years of work experience in internal or external communications, public relations, journalism fields
- Experience building or supporting employee engagement initiatives
- Experience working with agency partners, internal teams and cross-functional working groups
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, or a related field
- Six (6) years working in communications
- Experience in employee engagement, or workplace culture or HR communications
- Experience within the travel or tourism industry
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-28