Global Leader, Health Equity Communications
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Global Leader, Health Equity Communications. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With more than $82 billion in sales for 2020, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 132,200 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Leader, Health Equity Communications is responsible for creating engaging experiences and communicating with key stakeholders around the world, regarding Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to Racial and Social Justice.
Key responsibilities include stakeholder engagement, media relations, organizational communications, brand communication and public affairs initiatives, including supporting the key Johnson & Johnson strategy, Race to Health Equity. Additionally the role will be required to identify emerging trends related to racial and social justice and develop stakeholder engagement strategies which clearly articulate Johnson & Johnson’s postion in advancing racial and social justice and health outcomes and the overall reputation of Johnson & Johnson.
The role will report the Leader of Enterprise Communications, and will work closely with GCA Leaders, and other key partners across the Enterprise to build and deliver a compelling, stakeholder-specific communication strategy for Johnson & Johnson.
This role requires a close working relationship with the Office of D&I, GA&P, as well as with colleagues from across the Enterprise. This candidate will also be responsible for executing the Race to Health Equity proactive media relations strategy and to manage issues that have a direct impact on the reputation of Johnson & Johnson related to racial and social justice issues.
This individual will work to positively to shape the external environment in which we operate.
This position requires strong leadership competencies, including:
- Extensive experience working in a matrix environment across multiple regions and complex stakeholder interdependencies.
- A natural collaborator with a proven track record at managing multiple stakeholders, driving new approaches and measurable results.
- Ability to lead throughout a rapid pace of change with a high level of ambiguity.
- Commitment to talent development and leading in high-pressure situations; demonstrated ability to assimilate high-level strategic information and convert it into clear and concise communications.
- A proven track record of collaborating closely with very senior leaders in developing and executing strategic thought leadership programming.
- Strong media relations skills – including proactive storytelling and high pressure issues management.
- Ability to influence the external environment – particularly in the policy space.
- A focused ability to influence – in some situations without direct authority
- Strong organizational and project management skills and an ability to deliver results under tight time constraints.
- A strong ethics- and Credo-based drive to make a difference
- Bachelor’s degree in communications; graduate study / degree a plus
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in broad-based and strategic communications focused on public affairs, media relations and external engagement, issues mitigation and management, top-tier media relations, direct interaction with – and counsel to – corporate executives and proven experience in developing integrated organizational communication strategies
- Significant experience successfully interacting with colleagues at all levels at the business, regional, global and corporate levels
- Proven track record in creating trusted partnerships with senior leaders
- Strong experience in all aspects of managing complex, multi-regional, high risk, high profile issues
- Success in managing and engaging teams
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-20