Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Global Policy Associate
Global Policy Associate
Intel’s Global Government Affairs division carries out the advocacy and lobbying efforts in every market where Intel does business. The organization is responsible for positioning Intel’s business as critical infrastructure and leadership as key partners with influential government audiences. Our core priorities include public policy; business support and thought leadership.
As a Global Policy Associate, you will join a dynamic team and be able to immediately and directly enhance Intel’s overall policy strategy by conducting and writing research and briefings that address key aspects of global policy for Intel’s business across multiple political and geographical environments. This work will plan an important role in developing and refining Intel’s global policy positions.
This role will also be responsible for managing the coordination of interactions between Intel executives and government leaders around the world.
- Conduct research and write white papers
- Act as the central clearing house for Intel executive interactions with government leaders
- Manage the processes and coordination for creating/reviewing executive briefings
- Be a valuable member of cross-functional project teams to identify, develop, and implement the organization’s policy strategy
- Effectively communicate plans, with ability to translate complex policies to match audience awareness and needs
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Semiconductor and/or technology industry experience with a background in government consulting, policy development, lobbying and/or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to learn about various international, national, provincial and state laws
- Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Think strategically and operate in a highly matrixed, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work under pressure within a team environment and with all levels of management, as well as proactively with minimal direction
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, political science, international relations, government affairs or related field.
- 5+ years’ related experience within government affairs or technology industry environment.
- Experience writing executive briefings
- Experience managing relationships with consultants and experience in collaboration with diverse, multinational organizations.
- Publications showing your previous research in journals, blogs, papers, etc.
- Experience working in or with government relations/policy organizations (internal and external)
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Growth Acceleration Team (GAT) offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; public policy, legislative and regulatory lobbying; global trade, export, import, and customs; and corporate compliance.
Virtual US and Canada
Intel Corporation will require all new U.S. employees to be fully-vaccinated for Covid-19 as a condition of hire unless they have an approved accommodation in place under applicable law. Newly-hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here
Job posted: 2021-12-22