Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Global Policy Director and Strategist
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Global Policy Director & Strategist to lead its Policy Team. The Global Policy Director will play a critical role in shaping debates about the importance of America’s role in the world and USGLC’s advocacy efforts to advance our mission by educating and inspiring policymakers and the American public on the importance of strengthening diplomacy and development as key tools of U.S. global leadership and engagement.
The Global Policy Director will serve as a key member of the USGLC senior management team and work across departments in the following areas:
- Shape the USGLC’s forward-leaning policy agenda around the bipartisan imperative for America’s role in the world and the importance of elevating development and diplomacy.
- Design, lead, and drive USGLC’s thought leadership to advance the policy agenda on a multitude of global issues, including international development, diplomacy, global health, food security, climate change, humanitarian aid, global economic engagement, and other critical priorities.
- Lead the Policy Team’s development of briefing materials, including internal and external memos, to drive USGLC’s robust agenda of public and private events with policymakers, leading influencers, and critical stakeholders.
- Create policy programs and advocacy tools to shape the debate, including original USGLC-led reports, fact sheets, one-pagers, blogs, and other materials that help drive USGLC’s advocacy agenda and lift-up other partners and expert content.
- Help to shape the Administration’s policy agenda and deepen relationships with senior U.S. policymakers in Executive Branch agencies including the National Security Council, State Department, U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Development Finance Corporation and other development and national security agencies.
- Represent the USGLC and contribute to programming of both exclusive and large-scale policy events in Washington, DC and around the country.
- Drive the USGLC agenda with relevant foreign policy think tanks, leading American businesses and NGOs.
- Foster professional development and growth of high-performing policy team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of master’s degree in a field related to foreign policy and global development.
- Deep understanding of the work of diverse advocacy coalitions in influencing the policy process.
- Ability to lead and ensure delivery of projects in dynamic and collaborative cross-functional team environment, with minimum of ten years of program management experience.
- A broad high-level network of influencers and policymakers inside and outside of government and the ability to deepen and grow this network.
- Commitment to sustaining bipartisan commitment to America’s global leadership.
- Excellent research, exceptional writing and communications skills.
- Executive Branch, Congressional, and professional experience in the developing world a significant plus.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, a public transportation benefit, paid annual and sick leave, federal holidays, and other benefits.
Please email cover letter, resume and three relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Global Policy Director and Strategist” in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.
About the USGLC
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is a bipartisan, broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a smart power approach to elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world. At USGLC, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion among staff, volunteers, partners, and programs.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays.
ABOUT THE USGLC
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is a broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a civilian-led approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
Job posted: 2023-08-28