Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Global Procurement Manager
Joining Tipalti means you’re stepping onto a fintech unicorn rocketship pointed towards greatness. We’re the financial operations experts powering high-velocity companies and eliminating the pain in payments. Tipalti eliminates up to 80% of the payables workload for finance and accounting departments. Our AI-driven technology does the work no one wants to do, and we do it better than anyone.
The Global Procurement Manager will partner with business owners and their teams to manage third-party vendor suppliers, control company costs, assist business owners to manage against budget and provide the best options for purchases. The position will assist business partners as they work with external companies while also applying vendor management best practices. The Global Procurement Manager will run the relationship including total cost of ownership, business terms, price negotiations and will oversee the contract lifecycle for their customers. This position will report to our VP of Finance.
One other unique and exciting facet of the role will be to collaborate and provide insights to our Product and Engineering teams as the company refines its own Procurement offering (Tipalti Approve) and develops other potential FinOps solutions for its customers. At Tipalti, we expect all members of our finance and accounting teams to “think like a customer” and we are users of our own products, including in this case Tipalti Approve for PRs and POs. Feedback with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Operations allows for you to be involved in more aspects of the company outside of direct procurement initiatives.
- Provide outstanding customer experience to internal business customers and external vendor partners.
- Oversee the entire contract process: commercial legal terms, pricing negotiation and purchase order creation.
- Manage sourcing activity including RFP/RFI stages to support the business in onboarding new suppliers.
- Work with business owners to ensure purchase orders are created and coded accurately and approved vendors are utilized in Tipalti Approve (Procurement system).
- Establish relationships with key business partners and their teams to best support and anticipate needs.
- Partner with FP&A to ensure that tools are funded and budgeted and are applied to the correct business team and department.
- Partner with Accounting to help resolve billing issues and ensure all payments are compliant with contract terms.
- Partner with vendor, Compliance and Security teams to complete Third-party Review of all software tools and applications.
- Partner with Legal during negotiation of general business terms, pricing and signature of contract agreements.
- Build team, processes and policies including: procurement knowledge base housing license and services renewal calendar, service catalog, approved and banned vendor lists.
- Evaluate and implement vendor management tools as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 7-10 years of procurement experience.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact with business leaders internally and externally.
- Experience with technology vendor sourcing, including relevant knowledge of top performers in the tech space.
- Excel at building relationships with internal teams and third-party suppliers.
- Hands-on experience in building a sourcing and procurement team, implementing procedures and policies.
- Sharp mind as well as a high EQ with exceptional interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Passionate self-starter with the highest integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we’re a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means “We handled it,” a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-21