Global Program Associate, Europe
About the Obama Foundation
At the Obama Foundation, we are guided by a core belief: that ordinary people working together can change history. Our mission is to inspire those people to take action, empower them to change their world for the better, and connect them so they can achieve more together than they can alone.
We were founded by community organizers, so when we seek change, we do it by bringing people together.
That approach begins at home, on the South Side of Chicago, where we are building the Obama Presidential Center. The Center represents a historic opportunity for Chicago: a chance to build a world-class museum and public gathering space that celebrates our nation’s first African American President and First Lady, steps away from where he began his career, where she was raised, and where—together—they made their home.
But that approach extends to all our work, whether it’s holding leadership training sessions in communities throughout the U.S., bringing local leaders together in countries around the world, working to support the global education of girls, or ensuring young men of color have pathways to opportunity.
As President Obama has said, “we cannot solve the challenges of our time unless we solve them together.” So join us.
For more information, please visit www.obama.org.
Purpose of the Role
The Europe Program Associate functions as a key member of the Global Programs Team and reports to the Europe Program Manager. In pursuit of the Foundation’s mission, the Global Program Associate will support a strategy to inspire, empower, and connect the next generation of European leaders. Regional leadership development programs support emerging leaders from across sectors to build more prosperous, sustainable, equitable, and inclusive communities in their respective regions and around the world.
In addition to supporting the program lifecycle for a specific geographic region, the Associate will serve as a member of the team’s Strategic Operations cohort, working closely with other program associates in different regions to coordinate and streamline operations-related planning and implementation across the Global Programs team and the Foundation as a whole.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Programming and Event Support: Assist the Global Program Manager with implementing cohort-based regional programming, both virtual and in-person. Manage strategic operations for all program sessions and events, including scheduling, technology set-up and support, liaising with external speakers and preparing session materials. Work in close conjunction with the Global Program Manager and other internal stakeholders to draft and/or edit all program communications. Serve as a liaison to program participants and moderate regional community forums online, analyze and track quantitative data trends related to the program such as impact measurement, attendance records, etc.
- Team Collaboration: Work in close conjunction with other Global Program Managers and Foundation colleagues to build alignment and buy-in for program implementation.
- Participant Selection: Support the design of the application and selection process. Assist with assessing applications, schedule and participate in applicant interviews, and collect and manage interview notes. Support with all logistical aspects of on-boarding participants.
- Alumni Engagement: Support Global Programs team members in executing the five-year vision and strategy for global leadership network Assist with drafting and distributing alumni communications and designing and implementing alumni events.
- External Partnerships: As needed, assist partnership management and ensure that back office support regarding partnerships is completed in a timely manner, including updating and uploading contacts in Salesforce. Where possible, help to build networks that can support the execution of shared strategies and programming.
- Vendor Management: Manage the end-to-end process for securing all third-party vendors for regional programming which includes identifying and vetting vendors (in partnership with other Global Programs staff), managing speaker registration, and initiating and approving contracts in the IronClad system online.
- Development and Creative + Comms: Contribute to communications materials for the general public and to development reporting for funders, board, and the Foundation’s Digital Team. Collect program participant impact stories, interview program participants for Development and Creative + Comms highlights, and assist with updating the program landing page on the Obama.org website.
- Finance: Manage invoicing for all contracted vendors and support monthly budget reconciliation.
- Other Duties: Perform as assigned.
Key Deliverables / Outcomes
- Influence and implement programming that lifts emerging leaders
- Support implementation of the Regional Program 5-year strategy and budget
- Maintain program activities calendar and planning schedule
- Demonstrated experience leading or supporting relevant social impact or leadership programs. Demonstrated experience utilizing inclusion and equity lenses to achieve mission or program objectives. Strong candidates will have three or more years of experience
- Experience living in the region and practical expertise in the region’s cultural and political dynamics and issues. Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the time difference between the region and the Foundation’s offices
- Strong communications skills: verbal, written, team collaboration, and use of digital media tools. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to foster trusting relationships with program participants of all backgrounds.
- Demonstrated project management and organizing skills, including budget, contract, and network management as well as event planning and coordination.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-08