Global Public Affairs Governance and Controls Analyst
Global Public Affairs seeks to enhance and protect the reputation of Citi, its businesses and the brand across the world through direct and indirect communication with Citi’s various stakeholders.
The global In-Business Governance and Controls Analyst will work with a high-performing team, and will be responsible to assist in ensuring strong governance and controls framework supporting areas (e.g., Communications, Corporate Philanthropy) within Global Public Affairs. This role is a developing professional role with an emphasis on remediating the operational risks of the business on various risk and control issues with potentially broader business impact.
They will interact with various internal stakeholders outside of Global Public Affairs in areas such as Compliance and Risk Management. This individual must have excellent organizational, analytical skills, superior verbal & written communications skills, and a tactful, diplomatic approach.
This position reports to Global Public Affairs Lead of Governance and Controls, based in New York City.
- Assist in review, consistency and continuous enhancements of internal Governance processes ensuring compliance with firms’ policies, initiatives and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in providing global oversight and coordination in managing Manager’s Control Assessment control monitoring & testing activities, collection of key metrics, Third Party Management ongoing monitoring, Corrective Action Plans management, Internal Audit & Compliance Assurance preparation & coordination and Records Management implementation.
- Assist in driving priority projects and creating project plans.
- Working closely with local countries on the risk and control environment through continuous open communication.
- Liaise with Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit on supporting various initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2+ years relevant experience in governance, administrative, risk and controls focusing on monitoring & testing activities, compliance, audit or regulatory functions and finance operations.
- Proven ability to execute multiple projects on tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems by being resourceful, consulting with others and considering alternatives.
- Ability to work across business lines, collaborate and interact with colleagues at all levels with a commitment to partnership.
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Works independently as a member of a high-performing team, with the ability to take initiative in proposing and implementing solutions.
- Expertise in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A team player with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and interest in working on Corporate Philanthropy-related initiatives.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-13