Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Global Public Policy, Associate
About this role
As part of our responsibilities to our shareholders and clients, BlackRock advocates for public policies that we believe are in our shareholders’ and clients’ long-term best interests. The Global Public Policy Group supports the creation of regulatory regimes that increase financial market transparency, protect investors, and facilitate responsible growth of capital markets, while preserving consumer choice and properly balancing benefits versus implementation costs.
The responsibilities of an Associate in the Global Public Policy Group include:
- Support efforts to monitor and advocate on relevant U.S. public policy issues, with a particular focus on market structure issues.
- Support production of regulatory comment letters and public policy position papers, including drafting and editing content, tracking deadlines, and ensuring proper submission.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key policymakers, industry peers, trade associations, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation of materials for meetings with policymakers, clients, and trade organizations.
- Assist in preparation of speaking remarks and PowerPoint slides for senior members of the team.
- 4-8 + years of experience in asset management or covering market structure issues a must
- Bachelor’s degree with strong record of academic achievement.
- Major in public policy or political science and/or relevant legislative/public policy internship experience are a plus.
- Interest in financial services regulation and knowledge of SEC, CFTC, and other relevant agencies.
- Strong PowerPoint skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong writing and research skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing deliverables and tight deadlines.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to internal and external audiences across all levels of senior management is imperative.
- Good judgment and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
Job posted: 2022-07-18