Global Technology Leader – Substances of Concern
DuPont Science and Innovation is seeking a Global Technology Leader (GTL) to collect, digest and provide technical input to support DuPont Corporate strategies for managing regulatory, emerging science, legal and legislative work on substances of concern (SOCs). This key “player-coach” position directly interfaces with key internal stakeholders to both collect and disseminate information critical to their roles while also providing experience-based recommendations to leadership. The successful candidate will also play a key role in executing strategies for managing current and emerging substances of concern
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This leveraged leadership position reports to the DuPont’s Senior VP and Chief Science & Sustainability Officer and takes business guidance from VP, Associate General Counsel, Compliance, Litigation & Regulatory. This position has a seat on the Corporate Technology Advisory Group and Chemicals Management Teams as well as the Corporate Steering Team for Substances of Concern.
Your key responsibilities:
- Maintaining knowledge around emerging substances of concern that could be material to DuPont by broadly monitoring emerging scientific literature, developments at scientific meetings, legislative and regulatory proposals and other sources.
- Analyzing position papers and scientific literature in order to provide white paper summaries of the facts and uncertainties to senior leadership
- Using current information to provide context and recommendations to Senior Leadership, including leaders in Communications and Investor Relations.
- Evaluating and providing feedback to Senior Leadership, including Government Affairs and Business Leadership, on how proposed or pending legislation might impact DuPont
- Evaluating and providing feedback to Senior Leadership, including Legal and Business Leadership, on how proposed or pending regulatory activity might impact DuPont
- Consulting with M&A leaders at the Corporate and Business Unit levels on potential issues with historical use of substances of concern in businesses of interest.
- Lead the Chemical Management Policy deployment and chemical management strategic inputs from internal and external stakeholders
- Process owner for Risk Management Policies (Sensitive applications / MAP, Conflict Minerals, Human Studies, etc.)
- Coordinating with site leaders and/or Product Stewards to pull together information as part of internal and/or regulatory data gathering efforts.
- Assisting with the collection of information necessary to respond to regulatory agencies, Legal Hold Orders and other priority stakeholder inquiries
- Liaison with other internal technical experts in toxicology, risk management, operations and industrial hygiene to develop proposals and address questions around SOCs
- Liaison with external partners including technical subject matter experts in Universities, Government Agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations to advance science-based understanding and management of SOCs (including external support of CAt deployment)
- Works as part of the business team to assure that current and future regulatory, SHEA and legal requirements are met, along with public perception issues in both product and process development work.
- Connects business strategies across the Company as required to drive corporate alignment on important issues.
Your qualification profile:
- Ph.D. or M.S. with 15+ years of industrial experience in chemistry, materials science, or chemical/mechanical engineering with deep subject matter expertise in the science behind current and emerging substances of concern.
- 5 years of experience in working with regulatory agencies and internal government affairs and legal functions
- Demonstrated facility to manage complex projects with multiple participants and stakeholders with agility to add projects, change directions and adapt to evolving situations as needed in rapidly evolving issues and opportunities.
- Broad familiarity with site manufacturing operations, including Site Environmental & Regulatory work and demonstrated ability to collect and analyze salient information in order to prepare high levels summaries for leadership and detailed responses for other stakeholders.
- Strong communications skills including both verbal and written documentation that that includes succinct, factual summaries of complex technical content for non-scientists.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a change agent in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and global work environment
- Discrete experience in applied technologies and the processes involved in R&D, Application Development, Manufacturing Support to Operations and Technical Service to Sales & Marketing.
- Strong leadership capabilities that will inspire and earn the trust of diverse stakeholders.
- Technically astute and motivated by the opportunity to integrate diverse elements into a cohesive whole. Is passionate about sustainability and instills that passion in others.
- The role is global but with a preference for co-location with the Wilmington, DE-based technical and business leadership. However, for the ideal candidate other locations may be considered.
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont’s Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29