Gov. Affairs (Federal)
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
The Federal Government Affairs Manager will play a meaningful role in supporting Splunk’s rapid growth in the U.S. public sector by coordinating our interactions with key federal agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense. The position will report to the Director of Federal Government Affairs.
Personal Characteristics: The successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively; be both strategic and accountable for detailed follow-through; and be capable of working successfully in a results-oriented, highly collaborative, and fast paced global organization. The candidate must possess the following: strong writing, speaking, and analytical skills; proven understanding of information technology, enterprise software, data analytics, cybersecurity, Internet of Things, and other relevant technology; organizational and project management skills. Candidates should also possess a high degree of accountability and professional motivation and ease in developing relationships of trust and confidence both within and outside Splunk. The candidate lives the mantra, “work hard, have fun, make history.”
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Coordinate federal government affairs activities, with a focus on the Department of Defense, working closely with the public sector sales organization, the marketing team, the legal team, and others.
- Identify and help to develop opportunities for the field organization through appropriate strategic engagement with government organizations and trade groups.
- Monitor, identify, and communicate legislative and regulatory developments that are relevant to Splunk’s present and future lines of business.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with federal government officials, with a particular focus on the Department of Defense.
- Pursue opportunities for Splunk to provide thought leadership on relevant technology issues.
- Support the Director of Federal Government Affairs in advocating for government policies that are consistent with Splunk’s values and corporate priorities.
- Stand in for the Director of Federal Government Affairs at meetings and events when appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Splunk4Good team to find opportunities to have a positive impact on topics of public and/or social concern.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 10 years of experience at a federal government agency, Capitol Hill, trade body, or at a company performing government affairs duties.
- Knowledge of policy issues related to enterprise software, big data analytics, cybersecurity, privacy, cloud, IT operations, Internet of Things, machine learning, artificial intelligence, government procurement, and other relevant issues.
- Relationships with key defense organizations that will help Splunk to engage with the U.S. government on a strategic level.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Job posted: 2020-08-28