Government Account Manager, Federal Programs
Execute all phases of Government Account Marketing and Government Sales strategies and sales opportunities targeting the Federal (FED) government markets. This is to be accomplished via direct interaction and management of select Government Agencies such as GSA (General Services Administration), DLA (Defense Logistics Agency), DoD (Department of Defense), Non-DoD and Civilian Agencies, authorized Doosan Bobcat dealers and select distributors/resellers.
Role & Responsibility
Government Agency Interaction and Management
- This position interfaces and supports sales and operations with responsibilities for managing and supporting the lifecycle of federal contracts and federal customer relationships. This role requires a customer service focus, contract sales management, comprehensive organizational skills with analytical ability. Disrupt competitive relationships that will serve Doosan Bobcat’s long term government sales strategy. Assist in the management, implementation and maintenance of new and existing government contracts. This includes, but is not limited to, initial proposal creation, modifications, pricing updates, and execution strategy.
Drive Government Sales Volume and Growth
- Assist dealers and customers with bid specifications, discount questions and quoting in coordination with the Account Managers. Effectively work with other Government Accounts team members and deliver world class customer support.
- Identify low performing government sales territories. Implement strategy and action plan to improve. Work cross-functionally with legal, finance, marketing, HR, product managers, field staff, dealers, as well as Doosan-Bobcat leadership to ensure effective workflow and execution throughout the contract sales life cycle. Communicating with the field sales staff and dealerships on contract start dates, end dates, price pages, what equipment is eligible, and how to quote customers. Participate in field schools, training dealerships on proper quoting, ordering, and delivering procedures. Communication with Regional Directors/Dealer Account Managers and dealerships on competitive opportunities and sales process strategies to make sound business decisions. Support internal reporting requirements as it pertains to contract performance and sales reporting. Maintain a show database that has dates of shows pertaining to state contracts. Support and attend trade shows or conferences that will include booth order, literature order, equipment location and coordinating for the booth. Also, keeping the local Regional Manager/District Managers/Field Product Representatives apprised of the show and asking for assistance when applicable. Working several shows throughout the year. May require some weekend travel.
- Education Requirements: Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience: 4+ years
- Travel Standard: > 25%
- Ability to present to small and large groups
- Ability to lead & participate in projects
- Previous federal government sales experience required
- B2B (Business to Business) sales experience required
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Product knowledge of Doosan Bobcat and its competitors’ a plus.
- Military Experience a plus
- Ability to operate machines proficiently would also be a requirement for demonstrations
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com, Intermediate/Advanced in Microsoft Excel
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-30