Government Affairs Analyst, Senior
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
This position will report to the head of the Qualcomm Thinkabit Lab. As part of the Corporate Responsibility team the individual will work in STEM Education initiatives and report to the head of the Qualcomm Thinkabit Lab. This person should have direct experience in teaching engineering to students from under-served communities, engineering education curriculum development, engineering education program management, and implementing teacher professional development in engineering education. The job will include strategic program management for our 16 National Thinkabit Lab sites and support local San Diego STEM Education initiatives.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Partnership management of 16 sites across the US with various types of organizations
- Create, design, and refine engineering education content for a K-20 audience
- Design and manage program branded assets for various projects
- Pilot engineering content and program implementation
- Maintain teaching resources for dissemination of content
- Develop and execute communication and social media plan for network of 16 sites.
- Work across departments including engineering and government affairs to support the development of new engineering education projects/activities.
- Communicate technical topics, such as 5G and Internet of Things to non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate across other Corporate Responsibility teams on broader STEM initiatives.
5 years work experience in engineering education, including project management, curriculum development, professional development, and teaching in a K-12 setting.
- Experience in engineering education program/project management, including program outcomes, metrics, social media, newsletters, webinars, case studies, and websites.
- Technical expertise in engineering/computer science, robotics/programming, and app development with ability to communicate in writing and develop instructional materials for teachers and students.
- Pedagogical expertise in working with students and teachers, including teaching engineering using differentiated instruction for diverse groups and implementing professional development for STEM teachers.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, such as Word, PPT, Excel, and Teams
- Experience with App Inventor and Bluetooth
- Experience with Thinkabit Lab Program
- Familiar with Qualcomm Corporate Responsibility Initiatives
- Experience in InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Our Work Experience is the combination of everything that’s unique about us: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our commitment to sustainability, our recognition programs, but most importantly, it’s our people. Our employees are self-disciplined, hard working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make choices according to what is best for the team, they live for opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make us the #1 Top Workplace in the area.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-22