Government Affairs Assistant
RELX Group is a global provider of information-based analytics and business decision tools for professional and business customers. We create innovative solutions that combine content and data with analytics and technology to help our customers make better decisions, get better results, and be more productive. We help scientists make new discoveries, doctors and nurses improve the lives of patients, and lawyers win cases. We prevent online fraud and money laundering and help insurance companies evaluate and predict risk.
RELX Group’s Government Affairs Team is a strategic, centralized organization whose mission is to: 1) protect RELX businesses from harmful public policy initiatives; and 2) remove obstacles and support business development initiatives that will position RELX businesses to win new government contracts. The Government Affairs Assistant will be providing administrative support to the Head of Global Government Affairs and the Vice President of Government Affairs, as well as to other members of the U.S.-based team and will be responsible for helping to meet objectives to further the mission of the team as a whole. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and will report to the Vice President of Government Affairs.
- Managing a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Head of Global Government Affairs and the Vice President of Government Affairs (Federal), including: managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, and arranging global and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
- Supporting U.S.-based team with invoices, expense reports, and check requests, as well as any domestic or international travel needs;
- Scheduling conference calls, organizing and coordinating meetings and staff events;
- Issuing weekly and monthly updates on government affairs activities;
- Creating and editing meeting materials, office documents, and PowerPoint presentations;
- Assisting PAC Coordinator with updating PAC materials;
- Attending congressional hearings and preparing summaries, as assigned;
- Ordering office supplies and sending overnight and courier packages;
- Maintaining invoice tracking system to ensure prompt payment of vendors;
- Managing forms for contracts with lobbying firms and other vendors;
- Coordinating administrative matters with outside legal counsel;
- Routinely updating RELX facility sheets by state;
- Assisting with department recruiting, as necessary;
- Researching and compiling data on special projects, as assigned;
- Proofing and editing letters and other documents;
- Assisting Government Affairs staff as necessary; and
- Other miscellaneous activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or related field;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with multiple managers;
- Strong work ethic; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested candidates should apply at: https://4re.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/search/10305365
Job posted: 2019-04-01