Government Affairs Associate
As a member of RTI’s Government Relations team, Associate works with RTI researchers, consultants, and coalitions to build strong relationships between RTI and appropriate constituents at both the federal and state level. This strategic role will focus primarily on monitoring, evaluating, and engaging the Federal policymaking process in support of RTI’s mission and public policy priorities. Candidates with firsthand knowledge and experience with federal health policy and the policymaking process are strongly preferred.
- Monitor, analyze, and engage the annual congressional policymaking process to support Institute priorities with a particular focus on annual appropriations, federal research, science, and healthcare policy.
- Monitor, analyze, and engage executive and federal agency policymaking to support Institute priorities with a particular focus on federal research, science, and healthcare policy.
- Maintain regular communication with RTI researchers, executives, partners, and key experts on priority policy developments.
- Communicate relevant RTI research to policymakers
- Support special institute projects and initiatives that contain a public policy component
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ related experience working on and with the United States Congress, Federal Agencies, or similar settings is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge (via education or experience) of health policy and the federal research enterprise, policy is helpful.
- Experience and knowledge working in Health care policy.
- Experience working for or with Congress.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and substantive knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found here.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-22