Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Comms, Senior Rep
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and equivalent experience and/or MA preferred.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong executive presence and proven ability to work with senior executive and government leadership.
• Strategic thinking and sound judgment.
• Creativity, innovating thinking and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability to work on a collaborative team and bridge organizational boundaries.
• Expertise in digital advocacy and social media trends and practices for U.S. government.
• Experience developing integrated communications plans.
• Media relations skills, experience and relationships inside the beltway.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, evolving priorities.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
E4325:Communications Rep Sr Stf
The world’s leading aerospace and defense company is seeking a Strategic Communications Senior Rep who will be responsible for managing strategic communications and advocacy focused on beltway media and influencers for the company’s Government Affairs organization.
The successful candidate will lead strategic advocacy and develop and execute media relations strategies to reach customers, decision makers, influencers and other key stakeholders in the Washington, D.C., region. The role will partner with our media relations team, and agency partners to effectively tell the Lockheed Martin story across a variety of communications channels.
This position reports to the director of Lockheed Martin Government Affairs and Advocacy Communications and is based in Crystal City, Virginia.
• Strategic communications campaign lead focused on developing advocacy and integrated communications strategies to advance Lockheed Martin’s position with target audiences in the DC metropolitan area
• Providing communications counsel and advice to Government Affairs Army Mission Area leadership
• Building and expanding relationships with key Capitol Hill media and developing strategic advocacy campaigns
• Creating messages, pitching stories and content as part of a proactive strategic communications strategy
• Managing emerging issues and crisis situations
* Previous experience working in a government communications role preferred.
* MA in related discipline preferred.
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotely
Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Select the Telework classification for this position
Employee will work on-site full-time
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
9×80 every other Friday off
LMCareers Business Unit
31420:Govt Affairs Communications
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-14