Government Affairs and Community Relations Manager
LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Government Affairs and Community Relations for our Administration Division in our Rochester, NY office.
The Manager of Government Affairs and Community Relations will be responsible for the development and implementation of a corporate plan to address the Government Affairs and Community Relations needs of the company. The Manager will report to the CEO and work closely with the Executive Leadership Team, Division Directors and Regional Managers. The Manager will support leadership in the development of initiatives that will help establish and improve the presence of LaBella Associates in the locations in which we are located (NY, MA, ME, OH, PA, VA, NC, SC, AL).
- Review and summarize LaBella’s current practices regarding government affairs and community relations company-wide.
- Develop a vision and strategy for GA / CR for the firm. Make recommendations for changes to current practices.
- Assist in the development of business for the firm through GA / CR channels. Uncover potential opportunities and markets for us to consider entering.
- Establish and manage a budget for political and charitable contributions company-wide.
- Develop a lobbying plan for LaBella Associates at the different government levels.
- Increase exposure and presence of LaBella in NYS regional economic development initiatives. Identify similar initiatives in PA, NC and OH.
- Identify legislation and regulations that have a potential impact and opportunities for LaBella Associates.
- Assist our key clients by leveraging LaBella’s position and influence in the community and political circles.
- Maintain regular and continuous contact with representatives at different government levels.
- Educate elected officials on the business, technology, environmental policy, regulations, market forces, etc affecting our business and our firm.
- Develop a comprehensive system to track legislation, regulations and programs affecting our core businesses.
- Build internal and external relationships relative to GA / CR across the firm’s geographic footprint.
- Develop relationships with trade associations to be more effective to achieve our objectives.
- Develop Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and training of our key staff.
- Represent the company and its leadership by attending community events.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science from an accredited college/university
- 10 years of applicable experience in the field of GA / CR
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work with people at all levels within our organization.
- Knowledge of how state and local governments operate in the states/regions where LaBella is located
- Awareness of state and federal legislative activities that could potentially affect our business
- Working knowledge of lobbying laws and laws governing political contributions
- Ability to frame the firm’s strategic approach to GA / CR through interactions with senior management and executive leadership
- Ability to guide the actions of our employees toward implementing GA / CR strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and multitask for periods of time
- Ability to effectively manage and balance time between “desk” time, internal interactions with employees, and external interactions with members of government and community organizations
- Demonstrated experience or ability in public speaking, project management, and excellent. organization and communication skills.
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-04