Government Affairs Coordinator
We’re transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night…our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business and the success of our key stakeholders. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Government Affairs Coordinator will work across the State & Local Affairs team to ensure that project goals are being achieved throughout the department, including internal tracking and reporting systems for various projects to ensure they are meeting relevant deadlines. The Coordinator reports to the Senior Policy Manager, State & Local Affairs and is based in San Francisco, CA.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage agendas and follow ups for regular calls/meetings with government affairs consultants, trade associations, partners and frequent internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct research and writing that provides analysis for government affairs engagement
- Develop and update written collateral for use in external meetings
- Manage regular blast communications to government officials about key Instacart news and updates
- Manage central government stakeholder targeting database, ensuring accurate and timely data collection and analyzing data to track progress towards engagement goals, prioritize targets and identify opportunities
- Oversee Instacart “lobby days” for Instacart stakeholders including executives, shoppers and other partners. Duties include preparing briefing materials, generating collateral, event logistics, troubleshooting
- 3+ years of experience in public policy, politics or external relations
- Some experience working with the state or local government preferred
- Exhibit strong process-oriented skills and strive to find the most efficient way to do things without sacrificing a high quality of work and/or results
- Work cross-functionally, across geographies and time zones
- Demonstrate acute attention to detail and follow through
- Comfortable multitasking and switching gears frequently
- Absorb new information and learn new skills quickly, with appropriate resources and support
- Write and speak clearly and concisely
- Deliver on tight deadlines in high pressure situations
- Demonstrate courtesy, professionalism and strong interpersonal skills, especially with VIP external stakeholders
- Exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28