Government Affairs Director
This is your chance to work for the leading innovator in consumer digital health solutions, at a company Forbes has marked for billion-dollar success. If you’re a seasoned legal professional with vision and passion for the healthcare industry, you can’t afford to overlook this unique opportunity.
Play a key role in supporting Livongo’s growth, value proposition and market differentiation by serving a liaison with government entities, with a focus on improving the regulatory environment for our clients. This is a newly created role and is an individual contributor for now.
As a member of the innovative and recently established Government Affairs function, you’ll play an integral role in the development and execution of our government relations policy and advocacy. You’ll enjoy close partnership with the Executive Leadership Team as well as Livongo’s current and prospective partners and clients. This role is designed for a highly motivated candidates with passion for changing lives through dramatic paradigm shifts in our nation’s approach to healthcare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic relationships with legislative policymakers to enhance Livongo’s role as a partner with government
- Identify, evaluate, and analyze the impact of legislative and regulatory issues for Livongo clients’ health plans
- Aid in the development and execution of Livongo’s long-term policy and advocacy agenda
- Maintain and strengthen productive relationships with state and federal policymakers, representing Livongo to legislators and their staffs
- Propose transformational, relevant, and actionable recommendations for healthcare policymakers
- Assist with the development of policy concerning health insurance, digital healthcare, health plans, FDA, FCC, ONC, and Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Represent Livongo to outside trade groups/stakeholders including medical associations, hospital associations and related Medicare and Medicaid vendors
- Assist with preparation of reports, presentations, and advisements for Livongo’s leadership team, with respect to all government relations, regulations and policy
- Facilitate relationships between national associations and Livongo clients and internal personnel
- Aid with employee engagement on advocacy and grassroots initiatives
- 5-7 years’ experience in government relations, policy development and analysis
- 4 Years’ experience in a healthcare environment or related field
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulatory processes, including Medicare and Medicaid laws and regulations
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior executives and policymakers, verbally and in writing
- Ability to understand business implications of policy
- Strong critical-thinking skills
- Excellent presentation and public-speaking skills
- A knack for synthesizing and distilling complex policy concepts
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- A drive to achieve results
- Passion for Livongo’s mission
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration Political Science, or a related field
Additional desirable qualifications:
- A Master’s or Law degree
- Experience managing consultants
- Federal Agency or Administration experience
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-30