Government Affairs Director
Would you like to join Fortune 5 CVS Health’s dynamic Government Affairs team? The Government Affairs Director will play a key role in developing CVS Health’s Congressional relationships and building the company’s reputation. In addition, this role will focus on enhancing long-term objectives as a health care innovation company through complex advocacy and campaign strategies.You will have a deep understanding of the legislative and regulatory processes, relationships with Members of Congress, in particular Members of the Minority Quad-Caucus in the House of Representatives. A successful candidate will :
– Have a track record of working collaboratively in a team environment
– Ability to nimbly respond in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple issues and priorities.
– You will partner closely with the internal policy teams to align priorities and efforts, maximize resources and help coordinate contract lobbyists in the states that you support.
This position is located in Washington DC.
– 5 years Congressional /Lobbying experience
– Experience working with/in the Federal Government (Legislative and/or Executive Branch)
– Working with or on Capitol Hill
– Health care industry experience/knowledge preferred
– Devising multi-faceted issues campaigns and advancing advocacy strategies to a positive conclusion on behalf of an organization or member of Congress
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Job posted: 2020-09-08