Government Affairs Director
Dell Technologies provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 150,000 team members. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We are committed to transforming businesses, shaping the future of innovation and developing technologies to drive human progress. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled assets and focus on innovation. We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds, experiences and thinking creates a stronger Dell Technologies.
Dell Technologies is seeking an experienced professional to join the North America Government Affairs team as an advocate for key business priorities at the federal, state and local level. This person will contribute their political and governmental expertise to decision driving discussions among internal and external stakeholders. This person will also serve as a highly visible representative of Dell’s values and principles to the policy maker, NGO, think-tank and media communities at the federal, state and local level in the U.S. and Canada.
- Represent Dell’s interests on Capitol Hill and various state capitols, with the objective to drive the company in strategically essential, policy-driven dialogues
- Interact with current and future Administration officials on behalf of Dell’s priorities
- Provide strategic business guidance as it relates to local and Federal governments (including Canada) to internal senior leadership
- Serve as the company’s representative in related industry trade associations and at political events
- Regularly present to internal and external audiences
- Work closely with Public Sales leaders on business priorities as they relate to government policy and policy makers
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, marketing, communications or a related field; or equivalent combination of education/work experience
- 12+ years of related experience with federal, state and local government experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the federal budget and appropriations process
- Ability to show tangible results supporting organizational objectives (e.g. Sales support)
- Proven ability to work, lead and collaborate with other internal teams (e.g. Communications, Sales, Marketing, Legal, etc.
- Capacity to work in a bipartisan manner internally and externally
- Extensive experience working with senior Democrat party officials and congressional leaders is a strong plus
- Experience in the technology industry is a plus
- Public Affairs experience a plus
- State and Local experience preferred
- Working on Canadian issues a plus
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal and listening communication skills; executive presence and ability to communicate with individuals of all levels
- Aptitude to work collaboratively within a small, fast-paced team
- Unfazed by working on multiple matters in several jurisdictions
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction if needed
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R070932
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-09