Government Affairs Director
Government Affairs Director
Location: Washington, DC
Strategic partnerships with government and industry groups are crucial to the success of Dell Technologies. To drive human progress through ground-breaking technology, we must forge strong relationships with influential people. And we must develop our own influence with key members of government. Government Relations is at the heart of this vital work – from liaising with leaders of government and industry, to preparing policy briefings for pending legislative actions. As thought leaders, the team helps to inform public policy and secure a place for Dell Technologies in important government forums and industry group meetings.
Join us as a Government Affairs Director on our Government Relations team in Washington, DC to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Government Affairs Director, you will join the International and Global Public Policy Government Affairs team as an advocate for Dell’s key business priorities in markets around the world. You will contribute your political and governmental expertise to decision-driving discussions among internal and external stakeholders; and serve as a highly visible representative of Dell’s values and priorities to policymakers, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders in markets where Dell does business.
- Represent Dell’s interests with government policymakers and regulators in key markets, with the objective to drive the company in strategically essential, policy-driven dialogues; interact with government officials on behalf of Dell’s priorities
- Provide strategic business guidance as it relates to supply chain and regulatory issues to internal senior leadership
- Serve as the company’s representative in related industry trade associations
- Regularly present to internal and external audiences
- Work closely with Global Operations, Legal and other company stakeholders on business priorities as they relate to government policy and policy makers
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 12+ years of related experience with Government, either in the United States or other regions
- Strong understanding of global politics and sensitivity to cultural/political differences
- Should have extensive foreign relations experience, including contacts with governments outside the United States
- Proven ability to collaborate with other internal teams (e.g. Communications, Sales, Marketing, Legal, etc.)
- Unfazed by working on multiple matters in several jurisdictions
- Extensive experience working with U.S. and foreign governments on issues related to supply chain and regulatory matters is a strong plus
- Demonstrated understanding of the U.S. federal regulatory and policy making process or comparable foreign government processes a plus
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R074232
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-22