Government Affairs Director
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Government Affairs Director will guide and represent the company on legislative priorities with government officials at the state and local level. In this role, you will build and maintain relationships with governments, trade associations, industry coalitions, and other authorities to influence policies and positions.
- Act as a subject matter expert on legislative issues impacting the agriculture and renewable fuels industry.
- Represent the company at forums and gatherings with government officials to exchange ideas and information on business activities and potential legislation that may affect the company.
- Ensure that the organization’s interests are represented in legislative proceedings and public forums.
- Develop, maintain and execute strategies to influence policies and programs that advance business priorities.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Participate as part of a team to develop and maintain policies and programs to ensure awareness of government legislation and regulatory issues that affect the organization.
- Collaborate to maximize participation in public forums and gatherings with government officials to exchange ideas and information on business activities and potential legislation that may affect the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is open to remote for candidates in Iowa.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Eight years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of production agriculture or agriculture policy
- Previous experience working in or with state or local government
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-08