Government Affairs Director
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Chief Regulatory Affairs Officer, the Government Affairs Director will lead a bold East Coast advocacy strategy to advance the WelbeHealth mission. The Director is responsible for developing and implementing the regulatory engagement approach including cultivating effective relationships with regulators, elected officials and member associations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the WelbeHealth regulatory affairs function and advocacy efforts on the East Coast.
- Develop and implement an effective regulatory engagement strategy that results in outstanding relationships with regulators and elected officials.
- Effectively track, synthesize, and communicate internally relevant government policy changes (laws, regulations, guidance) impacting WelbeHealth on the East Coast.
- Constructively engage with relevant associations.
- Manage and effectively leverage WelbeHeath lobbyists and legal support.
Why you’ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You’ll play a critical role in bringing the WelbeHealth’s model of care (PACE) to new markets on the East Coast, providing much needed services to vulnerable and underserved populations.
- You’ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation and innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow.
- You’ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and team up to create a whole that is greater than the sum of our parts.
- All team members are owners of WelbeHealth and are aligned around performance and growth.
- Master’s Degree in public policy or related field strongly preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience engaging with state regulators or elected officials in New York.
- Five or more years’ experience with New York Medicaid, eldercare or human services policy.
- Ability to travel within New York metropolitan area.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we’re committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-23