Government Affairs Director
The Government Affairs Director (GAD) will execute the organization’s legislative and regulatory affairs program designed to promote a strong anti-insurance fraud environment in approximately 15 states in the Southeast region of the country. The ideal candidate will reside in the Southeast region.
- Develops and executes state legislative strategy with NICB staff, member companies and industry trade associations.
- Serve as the lead anti-insurance fraud voice and issue leader in assigned states
- Actively monitors, tracks and lobbies state legislative and regulatory matters that potentially impact NICB
- Works, together with state and national industry trades, on maintaining relationships and high visibility with key lawmakers and regulators.
- Develops written materials in support of NICB legislative matters, such as position papers, letters, testimony, input on press releases, etc.
- Collaborate with NICB staff on joint initiatives.
- Represents NICB at industry functions
- Serve, when needed, as an additional NICB spokesman.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experienced in delivering testimony to legislative bodies.
- Good political acumen and strategic thinker.
- Strong presentation skills.
Education, Work Experience, Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science or related field.
- Insurance industry experience or familiarity is preferred, but not required
- Team player with a collaborative mindset
- 7-8 years of experience in a legislative or regulatory environment in the southeast area of the country
- Competent use of Microsoft applications including PowerPoint.
This position has no direct reports.
Interacts with NICB senior staff, government affairs personnel at member companies, law enforcement, industry groups, legislators, and regulators.
- Moderate business travel required; estimate of 20-30%.
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-07