Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Director
Strategic partnerships with government and industry groups are crucial to the success of Dell Technologies. To drive human progress through ground-breaking technology, we must forge strong relationships with influential people. And we must develop our own influence with key members of government. Government Relations is at the heart of this vital work – from liaising with leaders of government and industry, to preparing policy briefings for pending legislative actions. As thought leaders, the team helps to inform public policy and secure a place for Dell Technologies in important government forums and industry group meetings.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Director on our Government Affairs team in Washington, DC.
What you’ll achieve
Dell Technologies is seeking an experienced professional to join the North America Government Affairs team as an advocate for key business priorities at the federal, state and local level. This person will contribute their political and governmental expertise to decision driving discussions among internal and external stakeholders. This person will also serve as a highly visible representative of Dell’s values and principles to the policy maker, NGO, think-tank and media communities at the federal, state and local level in the U.S.
Represent Dell’s interests on Capitol Hill, with the objective to drive the company in strategically essential, policy-driven dialogues.
- Interact with Administration officials on behalf of Dell’s priorities.
- Provide strategic business guidance as it relates to Federal government to internal senior Dell leadership.
- Serve as the company’s representative in related industry trade associations and at political events.
- Regularly present to internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with Public Sales leaders on business priorities as they relate to federal, government policy and policy makers.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Must possess at least fifteen years of related experience with federal, state and local government experience.
- Aptitude to work collaboratively within a small, fast-paced team is essential.
- Proven ability to work, lead and collaborate with other internal teams (ex. Communications, Public Affairs, Sales, Marketing, Legal, etc.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a bipartisan manner.
- Demonstrated political and business acumen a plus.
- Ability to show tangible results supporting organizational objectives (ex. Sales support, business enablement)
- Unfazed by working on multiple matters in several jurisdictions, under time constraints.
- Demonstrated understanding of the federal budget and appropriations process.
- Experience in the technology industry is a plus.
- Government and/or Public Affairs experience a plus.
- Strong presentation, verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction if needed.
- Extensive experience working with senior Democrat party officials, congressional and Tri-Caucus Leaders is a strong plus.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R154515
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-21