Government Affairs Director, IP Policy Group
Directors in Intel’s IP Policy Group will lead on a broad portfolio of U.S. legislative issues that are essential to Intel’s business, with specific domain expertise on obtaining and enforcing patents and intellectual property more broadly. This is a critical role on a fast-growing team spanning Legal and Government Relations at the premier U.S. semiconductor firm, shaping landmark IP legislation, regulations and policies from the Administration, and Federal Circuit Court of Appeals and Supreme Court law at a pivotal moment for our business and our industry. The Directors in the IP Policy Group will advocate to Congressional leaders on key IP issues and other business-critical priorities, directly and indirectly participate in establishing thought leadership and influencing policies and legal rules on patents in the U.S. and around the world, and ultimately advance American semiconductor manufacturing and technology leadership.
Directors in the IP Policy Group will direct federal and state lobbying relating to the obtaining and enforcing of U.S. patents, as well as other intellectual property issues, creating and executing legislative and judicial advocacy campaigns that advance Intel’s policy positions and achieve favorable outcomes, and:
- Leverage your pre-existing network and the U.S. Government Relations team’s influencer network to advocate for Intel’s positions on critical IP issues at a time of dynamic change for the semiconductor industry
- Articulate a clear, compelling vision for the importance of U.S. domestic semiconductor manufacturing, Intel’s leadership role in the industry, and the policies needed to support these priorities (including a balanced IP system)
- Serve as an internal and external expert on U.S. patent and other IP policy issues
- Closely coordinate with the Patent Litigation Group and business unit attorneys to ensure Intel’s policy priorities address the most important issues
- Help develop and execute Intel’s strategic and tactical responses to pending legislation, regulation, and policy issues, including internal alignment and external engagement with trade associations, think tanks and other relevant third parties, and directly with policymakers
- Build strong relationships with key policymakers and other federal and state authorities to enhance Intel’s reputation and influence
The ideal candidate will have deep expertise on IP and technology issues, a strong legislative background, and an extensive network with Congressional leaders, staff and other external stakeholders participating in this policy debate:
- Government relations experience: 10+ years of experience working with Congress, a Cabinet Department, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, or IP lobbyist at major technology company.
- Patent specific expertise: Experience across a broad range patent matters, including U.S. patent prosecution, U.S. post-grant procedures, enforcement of U.S. patents in district court, courts of appeal and/or the International Trade Commission, international patent prosecution and enforcement, and patent and antitrust issues relating to the enforcement of standards essential patents, with an ability to work across a broad portfolio of issues.
- Technology, manufacturing, university and/or pharmaceutical industry experience: Experience working in or with technology companies, technology-driven manufacturing companies, university intellectual property development and licensing, or pharmaceutical industry IP policy experience.
- DC network: Deep network of relationships on Capitol Hill and relevant executive branch agencies. Proven track record of understanding and influencing legislative and regulatory processes, including successful advocacy campaigns that achieved favorable legal and policy outcomes.
- Drives for results: Coordinates execution by setting appropriate pace. Evokes ownership and accountability, streamlines process/structure, and reallocates resources quickly and flexibly.
- Inspire and influence: Builds powerful relationships, helps others find meaning and purpose in their work, inspires through energetic engagement. Ability to influence people at all levels of the organization, regardless of reporting relationships.
- Business acumen and partnership: Excellent political and business judgment, with a high degree of discretion. Possesses strong analytical skills.
- Executive presence: Sophisticated, polished presentation that commands respect. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity and Personality: Clear reputation for ethical conduct and unquestionable integrity. Brings creativity and intellectual curiosity in dealing with complex legal and public policy issues.
- B.S./B.A. degree required.
- J.D. or advanced degree in scientific/technical field is preferred.
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Growth Acceleration Team (GAT) offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; public policy, legislative and regulatory lobbying; global trade, export, import, and customs; and corporate compliance.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter….
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-16