Government Affairs Director, Pax River Field Office
Description:The Director, Navy and Marine Corps Aviation Programs manages the Lockheed Martin Government Affairs office at Patuxent River, MD, reporting to the Director, Naval Aviation in Crystal City. He/She supports corporate and business area staffs to establish, achieve, and coordinate domestic business objectives relating to the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Naval Aviation Program Executive Officers (PEOs), and Naval Supply Systems Command Weapons System Support (NAVSUP WSS), as well as reinforce community engagement with the Patuxent River community – including the local and state governments.
• Establish and maintain trusting relationships with the leadership and staff of NAVAIR, the Department of the Navy (DON), NAVSUP WSS, and Corporate and Business Areas.
• Assist Corporate and Business Areas in formulating business development and marketing plans. Use intimate knowledge of customer to advise leadership on requirements shaping, message development, acquisition plans, and win strategies.
• Monitor the development and implementation of new products, new business programs, legacy product improvement, and sustainment plans.
• Arrange customer meetings and conferences to facilitate Business Area presentation of product development plans, proposals, product reviews, sustainment initiatives and capability improvements.
• Coordinate with the Business Areas and corporate staff on all customer contacts, briefings and communications directed to LM customers in the Patuxent River area and NAVSUP WSS.
• Coordinate with Director, Naval Aviation on supporting Patuxent River area activities to facilitate winning new business and keeping core business.
• Assist the Director, Naval Aviation in developing and executing specific plans, goals, objectives and enabling strategies that form the Annual Marketing Plan.
• Represent Lockheed Martin within the local community and participate in business development and aviation activities, as required, to include tradeshows and support of aviation-affiliated organizations.
• Represent Lockheed Martin to state and local government officials and organizations.
• Travel as necessary to support LM business activities
• Possess in-depth knowledge of Department of the Navy aviation programs.
• Possess general Lockheed Martin product familiarization.
• Have familiarity with capturing new business including various phases of proposal development to include knowledge about operations, technologies, business and competitors.
• Understand the Defense Department budget process, procedures and Congressional budget process.
• Understand the Joint Capabilities Integration Development System and Joint Requirements Oversight Council processes.
• Thoroughly understand Naval operations, acquisition, and research & development process, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated excellent senior-level (O-6 / GOFO / SES) customer relationship skills.
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
• Significant experience in Naval Aviation
• Naval Air Systems Command experience
• Operational command of Naval Aviation forces
• Background in Operational Test
• Background in Naval Aviation logistics and sustainment
• Background in Legislative Affairs (OSD/Navy/USMC)
• Strong professional network within the Pax River, MD aerospace and defense industry
• Experience working with state and local governments
• Ability to work and communicate in a non-partisan manner
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-30