Government Affairs Field Representative
Job Title: Government Affairs Field Representative
Reports To: Member Mobilization Director
Group: Government Affairs
The Government Affairs Field representative is C.A.R.’s liaison to key leaders in the REALTOR community and is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships to move C.A.R.’s government affairs priorities. As a field representative this position will engage in recruiting and developing REALTOR member leaders, in politics, and engage member through policy and political mobilization programs.
- Design and implement a regional engagement program to strengthen relationships with REALTORS®, Local Association staff, and key stake holders with the expectation of expanding C.A.R.’s legislative, political and mobilization programs
- Develop and implement campaigns including member education, initiatives, and other mobilization priorities related to the objectives of the Government Affairs Programs
- Identify and develop REALTOR® as leaders and volunteers in support of C.A.R.’s legislative and political agendas to fulfill the various engagement objectives at C.A.R.
- Manage lists, charts, and databases for the purposes of developing a network of REALTOR® members and other key stakeholders
- Engage with public officials, their staff, as well as other key stakeholders
- Educate and inform local Association staff and key members in the area of PAC administration including reimbursements and other available resources related to political campaigns.
- Represent government affairs at key C.A.R. events and other industry related events
- Gather and share local political intelligence with C.A.R., CREPAC and support candidate campaigns as needed
- Participate and actively recruit members for in-district lobbying efforts and Legislative Day at the capitol
- Create a social media strategy and presence in order to advance advocacy activities, by increasing current social media activity
- Utilize project management software to update daily tasks, and other reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Social Science, Public Affairs or related field is required
- Ability to think strategically and work in teams
- 2-3 years’ experience in grassroots organizing, campaigns, legislative, policy or trade association experience
- 1-2 years’ experience leading or supervising multiple staff, assignments, projects, managing timelines, and effectively using database systems.
- Ability to develop educational and outreach materials
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in successfully managing time and working independently
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent political judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed, and for extended periods of time.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, auto insurance
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to function effectively in a variety of challenging situations and circumstances, including difficult project deadlines, demanding customers, tight budgets, and evolving goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Excellent work ethic and attendance.
- Consistency in giving feedback regarding work progress, timetable and issues.
About California Association of Realtors:
Leading the Way…TM isn’t just a slogan at the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.). As one of the largest state trade organizations in the United States, C.A.R. provides members with tools to help complete transactions, information to keep them nimble in the marketplace and a strong clear voice on the government steps in Sacramento. How do we do it? We start by hiring friendly, talented people committed to working toward those common goals.
Headquartered in sunny Los Angeles, C.A.R. offers business casual wear, an on-site exercise room, a health and wellness program including lunch and learns with guest speakers, a FitBit® program, and collaborative working areas.
Medical, dental, vision, vitamin reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plan, 11 paid holidays, and more.
C.A.R. staff stand by a set of core values that make us the best in the business. Take a look for yourself and see what we are all about www.car.org.
For consideration – qualified applicants only please – submit cover letter and resume (in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) to: email@example.com.
C.A.R. and/or its subsidiaries and agents will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
Sorry! Due to the heavy volume of resumes we receive, only candidates being considered will be contacted directly. We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-01