Government Affairs Lead
Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco and is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, and Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA’s Unmanned Traffic Management program and a participant of Transport Canada’s BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
About the Role
The Government Affiairs Lead will be responsible for the successful delivery of all ongoing projects in the US, including the White House’s Integration Pilot Progam (IPP), and management of initiatives with strategic partners.
- Manage the agenda with the administration, key departments, and agencies,i.e., DOT, the FAA, members and staff of Congress; coalitions and third-party stakeholders.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of ongoing regulatory, legislative and compliance efforts to ensure Iris business efforts continues to stay ahead of market developments.
- Assist in developing policies that advance the company’s ecosystem.
- Represent Iris in public forums and meetings with government and strategic partners.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams.
- Identify and secure new projects which demonstrate our technology to key stakeholders.
- Discover the right path forward, and build out structures to effectively deliver projects where none exist or aren’t fully developed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferrably in Political Science.
- 5+ years of political, legal and/or relevant business development experience.
- Exceptional strategic and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) – you know how to tell a good story and advocate your position.
- Previous project management experience, particularly complicated projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Natural connector and relationship builder.
- Entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit. You make stuff happen.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate.
- Existing relationships across the FAA and/or the UAS space
- Experience in the drone or aviation industry, or with local/state Department of Transportation (particularly the Aviation department)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability.
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family.
- Unlimited PTO and 10 U.S. holidays.
- Commuter benefits with company contribution.
- Health and Wellness reimbursement.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.
- Personal workspace stipend.
- Healthy snacks and beverages all day long.
- Twice weekly lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-03