Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government affairs Liaison
Who we are
For over 85 years, our members have made us the world’s strongest voice for all things real estate management. We are the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®), an international institute for property and asset managers, and we provide complete knowledge to take on real estate management’s most dynamic challenges.
Advocacy is a top priority for our members, their businesses, and their clients. Our government affairs team has a number of initiatives planned for 2022, and as our next government affairs liaison, you’ll have a supporting role in the successful execution of those initiatives.
Join our team
As our government affairs liaison, you’ll work in a collaborative team environment and be responsible for:
- assisting with developing, promoting, and executing activities related to our Capitol Hill Fly-In, congressional briefings, and more!
- assisting with tracking and analyzing federal, state, and local legislative and regulatory activities pertaining to real estate management and investment.
- building relationships with members of federal, state, and local government entities.
- presenting information to chapters and other like-minded organizations.
- responding to inquiries pertaining to public policy, legislative and regulatory issues.
- drafting or assisting in drafting association position statements.
- assisting in coordinating federal and state grassroots campaigns and chapter participation.
- maintaining our grassroots software platform and assisting with the messaging, inputting, and deploying of our grassroots outreach campaign
- maintaining and updating our advocacy action center webpage.
- writing content for our website, blog, and bi-monthly trade publication.
- assisting in the development and analysis of member surveys.
- attending political events, legislative hearings, and other government affairs-related events on behalf of IREM
Let your skills shine
If you have a passion for politics and experience with the legislative process, then this is the role for you! We’d like candidates to also possess a bachelor’s degree in political science or related field and have at least three years of experience holding a government affairs, legislative, or regulatory position. Strong writing and communication skills are also a must as is being confident presenting ideas and information.
What we can offer you
If you’d like to be part of an organization that is far more than just a place to work, then IREM is the organization for you. We are committed to providing our team members with a space they can show up and be their true authentic self. We genuinely care about our team members as individuals, and it shows. We are committed to providing a culture that embraces gratitude, authenticity, and flexibility. If you want to devote your talents and skills to making a difference in the lives and careers of the people we serve, then we are the place for you!
Our hybrid work schedule allows our team members to balance their personal and professional lives. We connect and collaborate in our office 1 – 2 days per week. In addition to this, the government affairs liaison would be expected to travel out-of-state approximately three times per year.
Job posted: 2022-01-10